• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe will not open

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orignally started with adobe X. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with adobe XI. Even removed all registry entries. Any idea's?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the following done?

Launch Reader AND accept EULA.

After that, if the problem still occurs. Please describe the issue .

Thanks,

Shakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you still having the issue. Have you accepted the End User License Agreement that is presented when you first click on the Adobe Reader XI icon on the desktop? Is the AcroRd32.exe process running when you open the Task Manager (Right click Task bar > Select 'Start Task Manager' > Click on 'Processes' tab > Click on "Show processes from all users" button at the bottom of the tab > look for the AcroRd32.exe process.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a customer and seeing the same problem.  Adobe Reader X was working and then stopped does not open do not see in process manger,  double clicking a PDF file same just a quick blink.  I've uninstalled, rebooted then reinstalled no change.  I used the Adobe Removal Tool/Cleaner rebooted and than installed Adobe Reader XI still getting the same results.  The only error I can find in the event logs is a Cmd.exe error appears to be triggered right after the install.  Attached the screen capture not a lot of info.  I have the customer using Foxit, they are fine with this but would like to resolve since Adobe is the default program we are using.  Do not see any recent updates around the time it stopped working.  System running Win XP SP3.

event.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a side note AcroRd32.exe does not launch nor show in process manager.  No message/error application just doesn't open so unable to click on the EULA.  Reader X was working the day before she called and had been for months.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try repairing Reader XI installation using Control Panel >Add Remove Programs > Adobe Reader XI > Change > Repair and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinod,

Ran the change/repair from Add/Remove programs no change. AcroRd32.exe does not show in process explorer still not finding anything in the event logs as well.  Currently have customer using Foxit as a work around.  Will revisit issue around the holiday (slows down) student's start leaving for break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, my Adobe Reader 11.0.07 does not open when I try to open any document from any program that is launched with Administrator rights.

Adobe reader launches in these cases:

• Double-click the document in the windows explorer
  • Double-click the RAR archive with the document and then the document in the WinRar

Adobe reader does not launch if the following is done:

• Open Total Commander with the Admin rights and double-click any PDF in it
  • Open WinRar with Admin rights, find any PDF doc in it and double-click the doc

P.S. the process of the Adobe Reader can be found in the Task Manager but the Reader is not shown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if it works better with Protected Mode disabled [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Protected Mode did not work for me. I did NOT try auto-repairing (Control Panel >Add Remove Programs > Adobe Reader XI > Change > Repair).

What worked for me was:

- go to Task Manager

- find all instances of "Acrobat Reader" (file name is AcroRd32.exe) and end all of these processes

- find "Adobe Acrobat SpeedLauncher" (file name is reader_sl.exe) and end the process (note: skip this step and the issue will not disappear)

- launch Acrobat Reader - it should open this time

- accept EULA if it was not yet accepted

Before I did the steps above:

- Acrobat Reader was not starting when I was double-clicking on a PDF file

- Acrobat Reader was not starting when I was trying to open it directly

- A new instance of AcroRd32.exe process was appearing in the Task Manager every time I tried one of the above actions. This resulted in a couple of AcroRd32.exe processes running in parallel after some time. Killing all of these processes and trying to open Acrobat Reader again did not resolve the issue. The missing step was killing reader_sl.exe process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the steps mentioned above worked for me and I have the same problem: I cannot open PDF files with Adobe in any way, be it double-clicking, right clicking and selecting "open with Adobe" or even trying to open AcroRD32 directly from its original Program Files folder.

The problem started when I disabled almost all processes through the task manager in order to perform a selective start-up. I tried (1) repairing the installation, which did not work. So, I (2) completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software and (obviously) rebooted my computer. That didn't work too. Then, just to be thorough, I tried (3) repairing the installation again, which din't work either.

User latusekpiotr's solution didn't work for me because I can't find any instance of "Acrobat Reader" in my list of processes. The only Adobe things which appear are "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" and "AdobeARMservice".

I even tried opening the "Eula" file (located in Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader) and accepting it, but it also didn't work.

Help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your post. I didn't know about the option of opening the Eula file and accepting it. This did work for me, at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried to open PDF with Adobe on my tablet. As a 1st time user you have to enter your details including mobile number fine. But every time it says, Can't open PDF. I have tried suggestions, articles ....and nothing works.

This doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines