Copy link to clipboard
currently I have the following problem:
A user has opened several PDF files from a network share.
Now the PC is put into hibernation mode and some hours later the PC is woken up again, then the opened files from the network drive get one of the following error messages and the files have to be reopened manually :
1. out of memory
2. insufficient data for an image
The network drive is correctly connected when logging on, so Acrobat Reader should be able to access it again. However, it still closes the files with the above errors.
The problem does not occur with other PDF viewers.
Is there a solution for this to make it easier to work with files on network drives?
Copy link to clipboard
Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.
From the errors you mentioned, they seem different from what they should be with network errors.
We would like to know a few more pieces of information for further investigation:
1. The app version of Acrobat Reader they are using (go to Help-> About Acrobat Reader DC);
2. The OS [Windows/Mac] and their versions;
3. A screen recording of the workflow you see and the error;
4. Please confirm the version of the application you are using. To check the version, go to Help > About Acrobat. Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for more investigation.
Look forward to hearing from you.
sorry for the late reply.
Unfortunately, the .ZXP file of the LogCollector cannot be uploaded to the Document Cloud.
Is there any other way I can share this with you?
1. Acrobat Reader DC Version: 2023.003.20244 | 64-Bit
2. OS Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 22H2 (Build: 19045.2846)
AcroMon logs and a Screen recording is unfortunately difficult to create, because the problem occurs directly after waking up from sleep mode. However, maybe the rest of the information can already help in solving the problem.
Here is a picture of the problem, the error translated into English is "insufficient data for an image":
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.