• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a sudden pdf's are printing blank pages

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can print a test page fine, but when I ask to print a pdf I just get blank pages.  Please help

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Patrickd,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to print a PDF as you are getting blank pages, Is that correct?

Are you trying to print the PDF file from Adobe Reader desktop application or from a browser? Try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Also, select 'Documents' in 'Comments & Forms' in the Print Dialog box. Have you tried printing other PDF files? Is it specific to one PDF or with all the PDF files?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and try printing.

Install the latest printer driver and firmware. What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of OS installed? What is the make and model of the printer installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•  

if the issue is the preview is showing blank and printing blank, then make sure document/document markup is selected under comments and forms in print settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also having this issue, looking everywhere for a solution and finally found this post. Thanks so much for solving my dilemma as well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!! Now I know it was the problem all the while. Silly me and I had to use Edge to print PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

From Acrobat reader I get one page with gibberish along the top few lines then hundreds of blank pages until I remove the feeder tray and cancel.  I now want to print from Illustrator, I get the same result,

I simply want to print just like any other software but Adobe software seems to make this impossible.

Anyone have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BobcatTV,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please share more information on how you are printing the documents. Do you experience an issue with all the PDFs you are trying to print?

Try changing the options under Comments & Forms in the print window. 

If that does not work, try the "Print as image" option. Use the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/4bEWDXz

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines