Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SENDING MAIL

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I encountered a problem while trying to sending an e-mail using the "envelope" icon in Adobe Acrobat Reader. I looked around in other posts in the community and I realized that this is a frequent problem and no one can resolve it.

That's the current situation:

• WINDOWS 10 PRO
  • ADOBE READER 2020.006.20034
  • OUTLOOK Office 365

While trying to send the PDF as an attachment using the embedded feature, the message "An error occurred while sending mail" appears.

1. Outlook is the default e-mail application
  2. Adobe Reader is configured to send mail through the default e-mail application
  3. Unchecked the "Enable Enhanced Security" tick
  4. Re-installed Adobe Reader 
  5. Still doesn't work even if I set Windows Mail as default e-mail application.

Can you help me?

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue by enabling Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook.

Source: Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC (adobe.com)

Be sure that Outlook is open in the background before you select 'Attach to Email', otherwise you may be prompted to sign into Outlook. If you have Outlook open alreadty and you're prompted to sign in, you should be able to close out of the sign-in box without receiving the error as long as Cached Exchange Mode has been enabled.

Be sure to restart Outlook after enabling Cached Exchange Mode before testing if the fix worked.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in my case, resolution was to totally uninstall and reinstall Office suite.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday it worked.  Today I tried to to email as an attachment and it didn't.

After some pick-and-shovel work on google I found that "repairing" Microsoft Office fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines