I get an issue when I press button "Send file as email attachment". An error says "an error occurred while sending mail".
I want to attach into Outlook. Unfortunately, I have not found a solution on the Internet.
1.Checked if outlook is setted as default email. Yes, it is setted.
2.Checked it if is true ( checked in regedit )
3.Checked if the file is not so big(size).
4.Un-ticked the check-box "Enable Enhanced Security" . Still didnt help
5.Checked if in preferences>Email account outlook is setted as default. It is.
I use outlook 2016.
Versions of my Adobe is 11.0.22
Please, really need your help. Trying to find a solution about 1 week.
still need help
I also have the same problem on win 10, the computer is brand new, only installed Outlook and Adobe Reader and it still dosen't work. Reinstalled the computer again just to try it, still same problem.
As you have mentioned above "Send as an attachment" option does not work for you in Adobe Reader.
Could you please let us know what exactly happens when you try to use the option?
What is the exact error message you get? Please share the screenshot of the message.
To share the screenshot, click on Insert image icon as shown below:
Then click on "Choose File" and browse to the location where you have saved the screenshot.
Select the image file and click on "Open". Then click on "Insert Image" tab at the bottom to add it to forum reply.
Please share the Adobe Reader version you are using. Take help of the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
What is the Outlook version?
Did you check if you can send emails from outlook without any issues?
We will be waiting for your response.
Let us know if you need any help.
This should not be marked assumed answered.
Same problem, upgraded several of my users to Acrobat Pro DC today, we had the issue with the redirected with Reader DC and added the registry dword to fix it.
With Acrobat Pro the new share feature is nice, but when selecting Send As Attachment getting this error.
Windows 10. Pro Version 1809
One user reported new install worked, but the PDF was showing as "Windows" in the attachment and the subject was the name of the PDF file. Checked and they hadn't signed in - once they had signed into Adobe, the pdf attached correctly. Same Outlook version.
Any other recommendations? Not too thrilled at making this purchase for our Team at this moment.
There is a long standing bug that randomly marks assumed answered... reported to Jive many times, still not fixed
For the benefit of future visitors, if anyone is experiencing this issue, you may try to use the classic workflow of sending PDF as an attachment: How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment to get the job done. While we discuss the symptoms of the issue with the other method.
Feel free to update the discussion if you have further questions.
We just got this error with one user. Did the registry edit - no change, same error. (Email button action works but errors out) Laterst version of DC. Outlook 2016. PC restarted.
We are experiencing this problem. No one can send from Adobe and have to save and close the file, go to Outlook and then attach the file. Not a satisfactory resolution but it does work. Error is "An error occurred while sending mail." - same as everyone else in this thread. I have tried removing enhanced security. No difference. Any help is appreciated please.
SOLUTION FOUND for our office. We rolled back to 2019.012.20036 and emailing from Acrobat Pro DC now works.
Rolling back is not an option for me.
We used to be able to do this, so I think users have grown accustomed to sending from inside the PDF created. Yes, we can attach the file, but why are we not able to skip that extra step and send from within the document...when it was a function before?
I was facing the very same problem with Reader DC on PC with WIN10 but with the eM Client. The local email client was properly registered. I was almost desperate - no measure took any effect. It was weird even more because another user of the very same PC did not have this problem. One thread elsewhere describes the same problem and the solution was in reinstalling the user account. So I add my gmail account in the Windows settings: "Windows Settings > Accounts > E-mail and accounts > Accounts used by e-mail, calendar and contacs". I added the g-mail account and now it works. Hopefully this will help you all.
Hi, tried that. Doesn't work.
If you're using a 64-bit version of Office, please try a 32-bit version instead.
Our whole company is on Office 365. The benefits of staying in Office 365 outweigh the email issue.
We've been in Office 365 for almost a year now. The error issue appeared 2 months ago
I fixed this issue by uninstalling the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office and installing the 32-bit version.
It was only when I stumbled on a slightly different MAPI related issue in another application that I discovered this.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for this. solved my issue as well.