Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

ArialMT font missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer that's on Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019.012.20040, with Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809, and when he tries to open a certain document, he gets the following error:

"Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly."

So far, the user has uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, his computer was wiped and re-imaged with a new Windows 10 baseline, we've added the ArialMT TrueType font file to Windows 10, and he's installed the DC Font Pack (my suggestion):

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Reader DC version 19.x

But he's still getting the error.  Are there any suggestions as to resolve his issue?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Resolved on AutoCAD LT.

Properties "DWG To PDF", "Nonstandard properties", section "Capture fonts": "Edit list fonts", check checkbox for "Arial". New printing are O.K. when we open with Adobe Reader. Older files fault "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT' not removed.

Problem is not Adobe Reader but other programs.

Thx to Ian_Polspoel.

Translate

Translate
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how are you “using Microsoft Word to create PDFs” – Microsoft's built-in “save as” specifying PDF as the file type, Acrobat's Save as Adobe PDF, something else?

Without a sample file (you can attach one here), we have no way of diagnosing what you are seeing.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Attachments sent to me wont open, say ARIALMT font is missing. I dont know what they used to create the PDF. This is so annoying. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later, same problem. New computer, new install. File from Bluebeam.

Tried to repair and local fonts checked by default. Tried the open in read mode, no change. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version goto Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, if it's an issue with a particular file, please share the file with us for testing https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to get back to this topic. I did see that it was "resolved" via AutoCAD, but cannot be the final correct answer here. I receive these files by others and am not the original creator of this work. There needs to be a correction from the Adobe side so that these can be read and used either way. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and the program is up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultk9zzsp769km5 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end? https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines