• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ArialMT font missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer that's on Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019.012.20040, with Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809, and when he tries to open a certain document, he gets the following error:

"Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly."

So far, the user has uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, his computer was wiped and re-imaged with a new Windows 10 baseline, we've added the ArialMT TrueType font file to Windows 10, and he's installed the DC Font Pack (my suggestion):

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Reader DC version 19.x

But he's still getting the error.  Are there any suggestions as to resolve his issue?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Resolved on AutoCAD LT.

Properties "DWG To PDF", "Nonstandard properties", section "Capture fonts": "Edit list fonts", check checkbox for "Arial". New printing are O.K. when we open with Adobe Reader. Older files fault "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT' not removed.

Problem is not Adobe Reader but other programs.

Thx to Ian_Polspoel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Hey everyone,

This issue has been persisting in our office still in 2024, but we were able to find a fix. The issue was only visible in Acrobat Reader, and was not present in Foxit Reader, Bluebeam Revu, Edge, or Chrome (did not test Acrobat Pro).  I was using Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2023.008.20533 64-bit.  See my error example attached.

The issue seems to stem from Autocad generated pdfs created on a seat of Autocad that has migrated settings from an older version of the program.   Stan5CD2's is

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're assuming that this is only apparent in AudoCad generated PDF's.  For me this is not the case.  I often have this issue with PDF's from other sources.

To be clear, I do have CAD software on my computer, but I experience this issue with PDF's from many sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you are correct. Based on how we fixed it, I dont think it is a program specific issue, but an issue with pdf printers/exporters, possibly older ones that dont differentiate between Arial and Arial MT.

Try creating the effected pdfs with different methods and see if the issue persists.   Use "print to pdf" if you were exporting to pdf, or vice versa.   See if you can play with the options in your pdf printer to capture fonts or select a different pdf printer entirely.   If you dont have a second PDF printer on your computer, you could download Cute PDF Writer, it is not my favorite, but it is free.  I know this is a lot of messing around, but it could help localize the problem.

Although this issue originates outside of Acrobat, I by no means think this lets Adobe off the hook.  The most basic requirement of a PDF reader is to read PDfs easily, and no other reader I tried had this issue.   Other programs have figured this out, so I think Adobe can as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I had a similar problem and solved it using Affinity Designer v2.4. Opened the PDF in it and then re-saved as a PDF. After that Acrobat opened it with no problem with missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the same issue. Was this ever fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines