• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Acrobat Downloads

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Acrobat Reader. Using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro I go to adobe.com/reader and download the installer tool (after unchecking the Norton scamware boxes.) When I run the download I get an "Unknown Publisher" notification. I know Adobe signs their downloads, so this indicates a problem with the download. 

However I have tried this on several computers and the same thing happens.

I get the right https cert for the website. Are Adobe's distribution servers having problems? Any other ideas what could be the problem? I am more interested in knowing what is going on and getting the problem fixed than how to work around the problem.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. With all and any versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Please contact me when issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrewseton,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the complete workflow you do to download the installer?

Share the website link you used to download the application installer and the screenshot of the error message that occurs.

It would be helpful if you shared the screen recording of the complete workflow you do. We can share that with the product team to replicate and investigate the behavior further.

Share the browser and OS version on the machine.

Please try installing the application from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

Check if you get the same error message.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edge and Windows 10 were mentioned in the original email.

I went to adobe.com/reader, uncheck the McAffee boxes (the fact I have to do that is another significant issue) and clicked the get Acrobat Reader button. A file was downloaded. When I click to run the program I got the windows permissions "unknown publisher" box it and asks me if I want to run the file or not. 

This is no longer happening, however it is very concerning that it would happen at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines