• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Document

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open an email attachment, and my computer asked what app I wanted to use. I accidentally chose Always Open with Adobe Reader, so now my computer sees ALL my documents as pdfs, but they're not. And I can't open the document at all! How can I reset that? HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Hi Janetm, 

Sorry for not being able to reply to your query on time. As explained above, that all of your files are opening with the Adobe Reader DC which means that Reader DC has been set as an default application to open all the files of your computer.

You can simply change the the settings and set the supported application to open that particular file format.

There are two methods that you can fix this-

Method-1

• Right click on the file that isn't a .pdf and select Properties.
  • In the file's Prope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janetm, 

Sorry for not being able to reply to your query on time. As explained above, that all of your files are opening with the Adobe Reader DC which means that Reader DC has been set as an default application to open all the files of your computer.

You can simply change the the settings and set the supported application to open that particular file format.

There are two methods that you can fix this-

Method-1

• Right click on the file that isn't a .pdf and select Properties.
  • In the file's Properties dialog box, click Change.

Click Change

• Choose supported application, and then click OK.

Method-2

You can simply uninstall Adobe Reader DC and Reinstall. This time do not set the Reader DC as default to open all the files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Can't open document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines