• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you batch import custom stamps into Acrobat Reader DC?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a pdf with over 60 custom stamps which we can import into Acrobat Pro X, but is there a way to import these stamps into Acrobat Reader DC in one go?

I can see that there is an option to import each stamp individually but to save time I'd like to import them all in one go. Is this possible, or is it restricted to the paid version of acrobat?

Regards,

John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

You can do it by locating the Stamps folder of Acrobat and then the PDF file that contains the stamp templates. Then copy it to the Stamps folder of Reader and they will be automatically imported into the application the next time you open it.

The exact location of this folder depends on your OS and version of Acrobat/Reader. For example, on Windows 7 with Acrobat XI it's:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it by locating the Stamps folder of Acrobat and then the PDF file that contains the stamp templates. Then copy it to the Stamps folder of Reader and they will be automatically imported into the application the next time you open it.

The exact location of this folder depends on your OS and version of Acrobat/Reader. For example, on Windows 7 with Acrobat XI it's:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67​, worked a treat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have located the Stamps folder and PDF files from my origin in Acrobat 10 Pro on windows 7, but having trouble locating the equivalent destination for Acrobat Pro DC (CC) under windows 10. Any ideas? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, press Ctrl+J and paste this code into the window that opens:

app.getPath("user", "stamps")

Then press Ctrl+Enter and it will print out the path of the Stamps folder for this user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this, found the path and my stamps are in the correct folder, but they are not showing up in Acrobat 8 Professional. They worked perfectly until I had to reinstall Windows 10 and Acrobat.

Any ideas why they're not showing up in the program even though they're in the correct folder?

Thanks

-Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is a very old version, and not compatible with Windows 10, so such problems are to be expected. Might be time for an upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, they were working perfectly on Windows 10 in Acrobat 8 before I had to do the fresh install thanks to a Microsoft update that warped my system.

However, I also tried to install them in the latest edition of the Reader, and they still didn't show up, so could it be something with the stamp document itself? They are all in a PDF file, one stamp per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install them, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a solution for the same issue for Acobat DC ? Dumping the PDFs into the the above folder does not work for me in Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same struggle with DC.  Some of my files show up after I drop them into the stamps folder.  Other files want me to import each image seperately.  With hundreds of stamps in a file, I'll never get all of my engineers to spend the time to get all of these stamp files installed on their computers.

I would love some direction on this.  None of my custom stamps are dynamic.  Just simple graphics like a flagnote symbol with a letter inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing what I described above should be enough. What do you mean by "Other files want me to import each image seperately", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt work for me too.

Win 10 Acrobat Pro DC

Found the right folder in AppData.

https://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2014/11/23-free-review-stamps-for-acrobat/#comment-40713

This stamp examples work fine. But if i make my own it doesnt work.

If i copy the example file and rename it, the stamps are added to the "base" file.

Im trying to make the pdf stamp file with illustrator. each stamp has its own page (artboard). and there is a blank page up front.

I think it has something to do with the PDF Standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now i nearly tried every pdf format illustatir can export. Nothing is working. this shouldnt be such a pita

Does anyone can make stamps in illustrator and can put them in the "autostart" of acrobat pro dc standard stamps? Like in the blog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Running Acrobat Pro DC on Win10. Got a new system. Have nearly 60 individual custom stamps [made in Illustrator, saved as individual PDFs] to add. Always been able to add but had to do one at a time, which is time-consuming. Found the AppData folder noted above but, even after closing/reopening Acrobat several times, restarting system, Acrobat does not see the new stamps placed in the DC/Stamps folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to tech support about the same issue, and they told me you have to do them one at a time. I also have 60 stamps! This is ridiculous. Everything messed up when I upgraded to Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. Just copy the files from the location I specified above to the parallel one in the new version. Do NOT use those files to create new stamps in Acrobat (or Reader). Just copy them over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any guidance on how to do this on a mac? I'm lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's exactly the same as on Windows. You just need to locate the correct path where the stamp files are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines