• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation of Adobe Acrobat Reader subscription after one Year

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not happy with the program, but due to the super high cancellation fees, I waited one year. But now after one year, I see that the cancellation fees are almost the same, more than 90 usd. 

I have no idea how procede, and there is no way of contacting Adobe for any help. 

Please help me, I'm completely lost for words. 

Best regards

Steinar

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 things:

a) there is no subscription for Acrobat Reader. You have either Acrobat Standard or Pro.

b) the cancellation fee is half of your remaining due. It is taken because you promised to pay a subscription for a year, but terminating early. During the last month of your yearly subscription, it is possible to cancel without a fee. The subscription renews automatically for another year after that, so the cancellation fee will be again half of the remaining due, which is about 11 months/2.

Now to get you out of your impasse, the only way is to contact Adobe Customer care, so yes there is a way to do so.

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction. Type "agent", if you want to bypass the initial chatbot.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Please let us know if you need more support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is that even though you wait the full year, there is still a fee for cancelling the subscription? 

I have had this subscription for one year and there is a fee for cancelling it because you only have a window of one specific month to cancel. 

This kind of mischievous trickery is not what I expected from Adobe.

Feels like a scam, and it has totally ruined my trust in the company and its products. 

Hope you fix it. 

SH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is it "trickery" to give someone a full month to cancel their annual, discounted subscription? I would understand if it was a week, or a day, but a month? Anyway, you can try and contact Adobe Customer Service directly. They are usually quite helpful with these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines