Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open nor print P

DF files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem.  The article below talks about incompatibilty problems with older versions of Acobat and Reader 9.x.  I had Acobat 5.0.  I uninstalled Reader 9.3 and downloaded Reader 8.2.  Everything seems to be working now.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333223.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution.

I have Acrobat Pro 9.3 which reads and OCR's office documents.

Now they cannot be read in Acrobat reader 9.3 because of this Error.

My home machine is Windows 7 Business 64 bit. I have installed Reader 9.3 on in both the 64 bit and in virtual XP 32 bit.

The error keeps happening.

I have hundreds of documents created with Acrobat Pro 9.3 that need to be read.

Adobe has to come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they get a solution, I have all of my important financials in .pdf.

Makes me really nervous , that is why I will keep using the older software til it is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am appalled to see that these problems have existed since early February, at least, without any apparent effort by Adobe to even investigate  let alone fix whatever is wrong.

I came here only because I am out of patience with every single pdf file retrieved from the web causing the browser to crash - I've tried both Firefox and IE on the same web sites. I barely have time to verify I have the expected file before the browser crashes.  What galls me most is that some of these files are documents I have retrieved and examined in the past without printing or otherwise saving them.

I am running  Vista and had no problems with it or either browser until I installed Adobe 9!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe on Friday of last week (March 19, 2010).  I used a contact for another product hoping to get through to a live voice relating to Adobe Reader.

The response from Adobe is this:

- There is NO support (online / phone) for Adobe Reader as it is a free product.

- If/when there is a fix applied to the problem, it won't happen until the next release / update.

- There's no indication when that fix will be forthcoming.

- They suggested I fill out a bug fix form which I did**.

** I can not believe others haven't already done this.

So basically, Adobe Reader users who have ver 9.3 are stuck with no avenue of remedy.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simply use one of the other free PDF readers that are available?

So basically, Adobe Reader users who have ver 9.3 are stuck with no avenue of remedy.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The primary reason is that my business uses an application written here which has a lot of coding based on the parameters, settings and functionality of Adobe Reader. We'd have to redo a considerable amount and it would be aggravating to find that the substitution application had different problems or didn't work.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not have made this clear before.... The problem now appears to be with outlook.  I have Adobe Acrobat 9.3 installed. I re

installed it and had no problems, except with files over 85kb in size delivered in outlook.  appartenly outlook is t

runcating my files for some reason.  This creates corrupted adobe files which will not open..

If you are a user of outlook, you might check this our as a potential problem... It has been weeks and I have been unable to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it!!   After waiting 10 min. The files actually do open and work fine.  so I looked in task manager, and did a "End-Task"  on an Acrobat related file that start out 3D**.exe  Then acrobat would open and view files fast..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar prob... every time I link a pdf file from my website

http://www.trendings.de I ca't open or print the PDF file. Dunno what I am doing wrong...

When I go to other sites, it works!?

Thx for your help,

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem.  I am running vista and i cannot get the file to open.

I made sure i have the latest version of adobe.

Shoud i try uninstalling adobe completely and then reinstalling the software?  I am able to open the document on my laptop so i would think that the file is not the issue here.

Deb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines