• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDF files in Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with opening any Adobe pdf file on my desktop.  I have no such problem on my laptop.

Both machines run on Windows 10 and have identical Version of Adobe Acrobat #18.009.20044 installed.

When I click on any PDF file on my desktop I get this message: “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item”.I have already tried the following:

1/ Twice uninstalled and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader,

2/ Run PDF files while my Norton Security Antivirus was temporarily disactivated,

3/ Three times changed/repaired Adobe program through Windows Control Panel,

4/ Changed back and forth the Security in Adobe “Properties”,

5/ Ran “sfc/scannow” command in DOS.

Each time I did any of these 5 points and restart, I was able to open the PDF files once or twice, but then started getting the above message again. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Hi Stanp,

Sorry for being late in answering your query.

Please try the troubleshooting steps given below:

1- Update Reader to the latest patch by clicking 'check for updates' under Help menu. You may also download updates manually using this link: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products , reboot the machine and try again.

2- If that doesn't work, try removing traces of Reader using Cleaner tool which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stanp,

Sorry for being late in answering your query.

Please try the troubleshooting steps given below:

1- Update Reader to the latest patch by clicking 'check for updates' under Help menu. You may also download updates manually using this link: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products , reboot the machine and try again.

2- If that doesn't work, try removing traces of Reader using Cleaner tool which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, and install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

You may also try the steps given in the following threads which discuss the similar issue:

Permission Issue with Reader; Removed; Will Not Reinstall

"windows cannot access specified device, path or file", adobe reader x

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines