• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Print after new Adobe Update

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have adobe reader on a few PCs, all cannot print from Adobe to their allocated printers. The printer makes vary. I am able to print PDFS using different software it just appears to be Adobe Reader which is having an issue. 

I've tried a reinstall and carrying out updates.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

I discovered the cause of the problem - it was the latest Windows 10 security update which was automatically installed on my system on March 12.  I uninstalled it and now can print everything as I had before.  This update caused the printing problem across every PDF printing program I tried - Acrobat, Foxit, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge but not consistently on all platforms so perhaps other versions of Windows also have the problem after a recent update (I didn't ask each user what version

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, and several of my clients, are having printing issues with Acrobat since this weekend.  I downloaded the latest Acrobat Reader DC and most, but not all, issues were resolved.  I still have certain files that will not print - it looks like they are spooling but it doesn't make it to the printer.  I had my client send me a problem file and I get the same results on my computer and printer so it is unrelated to any hardware problem.  I have tried just printing one page of the file but nothing goes to the printer either.  But many other PDF files print just fine.  It seems to be related to the size of the file and, perhaps, files with simple graphics.  I can print a file of 2 invoices but not 6.  It spools to the printer and then just disappears without printing.  Very frustrating. 😞

The attached file INVOICES with 21 invoices will not actually print.  It shows it spooling and printing in the printer Queue but nothing ever comes out.  It disappears from the printer queue so the system thinks it has printed.  The attached 2 INVOICES file prints fine - both file generated from the same program, just a different number of invoices.

Hopefully someone at Acrobat will see this post and come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the cause of the problem - it was the latest Windows 10 security update which was automatically installed on my system on March 12.  I uninstalled it and now can print everything as I had before.  This update caused the printing problem across every PDF printing program I tried - Acrobat, Foxit, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge but not consistently on all platforms so perhaps other versions of Windows also have the problem after a recent update (I didn't ask each user what version of Windows they had).

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you uninstall the latest Windows 10 Security Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines