Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot print PDF documents to network printer

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

One of our customers is using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2017.009.20044 on a Windows Server 2016 RDSH / Terminal Server. Users are not able to print PDF documents to network printers. The print jobs just "vanish" after clicking print in the printer dialog box. There's nothing showing up in the printer dialog box.

I've enabled the Adobe Reader printer log (with the "EnablePrintLogging" registry key) and that's the result:

472137125 : START: OnFilePrintDoIt

472137125 : START: OnPreparePrinting

472137187 : START: DoPreparePrinting

472140843 : END: DoPreparePrinting

472140859 : END: OnPreparePrinting (dialogCancelled)

472140859 : END: OnFilePrintDoIt

472330906 : START: OnFilePrintDoIt

472330906 : START: OnPreparePrinting

472330937 : START: DoPreparePrinting

472340953 : END: DoPreparePrinting

472340968 : END: OnPreparePrinting (dialogCancelled)

472340968 : END: OnFilePrintDoIt

472345640 : START: OnFilePrintDoIt

472345640 : START: OnPreparePrinting

472345656 : START: DoPreparePrinting

472369625 : END: DoPreparePrinting

472369640 : END: OnPreparePrinting (dialogCancelled)

472369640 : END: OnFilePrintDoIt

472423562 : START: OnFilePrintDoIt

472423562 : START: OnPreparePrinting

472423625 : START: DoPreparePrinting

472426875 : END: DoPreparePrinting

472426890 : END: OnPreparePrinting (dialogCancelled)

472426890 : END: OnFilePrintDoIt

Anybody out there that has an idea what I can try out or how to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Mischa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mischa,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above you are not able to print a PDF file using network printers, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of updates. You may also refer and try the solutions from the following KB docs which discusses the similar issue Adobe Reader DC - Unable to Print to any Printer on Domain

You may also refer to Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the exact same issue.  We are using server 2016 RDS with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2018.009.20050

We just installed this version on a clean new operating system install.  We are at the point of selecting an alternative reader for our organization if this is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello chrisr32151645

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the issue is being discussed in the following thread which is already reported to our testing team. You can refer to this thread for updates Re: unable to print PDF's from the terminal server

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

It looks like the same issue. However, that thread is open since a long time. Any idea how long it will take to resolve the issue? Otherwise we need to switch to another software meanwhile...

Regards

Mischa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anand,

I am using Adobe pro 2017 and just received an update driver automatically installed yesterday on my computer from Adobe.  After the install, I cannot print to my printers from an enterprise server.  I am using Windows 10 on my computer.  It had been working fine until the driver was installed yesterday.  When I am on the server and try to print the pdf, every time I scroll the cursor over the printer selection in the print dialogue box, the printer name keeps changing and won't print.  It seems to work a little better on my local computer when not on the enterprise server, but still a bit sluggish.  The printer name does change when I scroll over the printer box, but eventually allows me to print.  Also to note - it doesn't seem to happen on my laptop when I log in to the enterprise server using Adobe.  The laptop is using Windows 7 pro.

Thank you,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines