• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot print pdf files

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Suddenly my printer cannot print pdfs.  It was fine until about five days ago (24 March 2022). 

I have a new Windows 10 64bit installed on my PC. A laptop that also uses the printer via wireless has Windows 7. Printer is Canon Pixma ip7250.  I have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC on my PC, and a laptop has the licensed version.

The first problem was that neither the PC nor the laptop could printing pdfs and images that had been email attachments sent from a mobile phone, nor could they print the pdfs on Microsoft Edge.

All these things had been working fine with Windows 10 until five days ago.

Sessions with Canon support ensued, mostly re-installation of drivers. 

Now one laptop can print pdfs via usb, but not via the wireless version. 

Now the wireless printer installations cannot print pdf files at all, but sometimes manage to print pdf files.

No error codes appear.

Rarely, a pop up flashes briefly, something about spooling.

After a while, a message appears saying the printer cannot print the file.

Usually the printer makes noises when wireless printing of pdfs is attempted, and occasionally it slowly grinds out a couple of lines or part of a page - never a full page. So the printer is connecting just fine.

Pdf files that are small, for eg 360kb, appear in the print queue as for eg 5 megabytes. 

I see from forums that there was an issue with Adobe Reader not printing in 2021 and earlier in 2022, but the March update was supposed to fix it.

It looks as if for my printer, the March update killed printing pdf files.

Is there a fix for this? 

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my machines.  All was fine until the March 2022 automatic update.  Now both machines will not print PDFs and all PDFs before the March update worked fine.  When you use the print button the screen comes up to click print and then the entire program closes without printing.  Have tried all the previous recommended fixes and none work.  Running Windows 10 64 bit with the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have uninstalled Adobe Reader DC, and instead downloaded PDF24 to my PC. Changed the pdf file association accordingly, and now the printer can print the pdf files.  But I have not yet tested this from the laptop that has workplace Acrobat Reader & Windows 7, or the other laptops that use Acrobat Reader.  

Very fed up with software changes, not always any kind of improvement on previous versions, that clash with hardware devices that were bought not that long ago.  Costly and so very, very wasteful. Not the way to save the planet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines