• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Set Custom Page Size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to make my page be as large as my laptop screen, and in the process read two pages side by side like a book.

I followed the instructions here . But I get this message when I click Add/Modify.

image_2021-01-24_104254.png

It happens on every page size I want to custom. I specifically want to edit the Screen one. Or at least add my own page name or format to the list.

How to make it happen?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

You can enter a name for the custom page size:

Bild1.jpg

Info: The forum software doesn't accept email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create custom page sizes. You can't change pre-defined page sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option to create a custom page size on the Printing Preferences or on Adobe Reader itself. Can you give me detailed instructions on how to do it?

Also, after printing, my pages are rotated by 90 degrees clockwise. Is there a permanent fix for it, besides rotating it counter-clockwise while viewing? I'm doing two pages on one paper and inverting the colors too. Does that have to do with this mess up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "Add..." button:

printing-pref.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used that very button to arrive at the window where I'm putting in my custom sizes but there's no option on the new window to define a name for my custom page. And it's sending me to this "Not allowed" dialogue box (as attached on the body of the post).

I should also say, my "Replace Existing PDF" drop-down menu is grayed out and not selectable (you can see it on the attached image in the body of my post). Is it possible to fix it? I think fixing that will make my custom size work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can enter a name for the custom page size:

Bild1.jpg

Info: The forum software doesn't accept email attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow the setting was really complicated. There was no way one could know that you could type into that white box when there was no instructions to do that written anywhere.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm having issues with creating a custom page. I'm able to change the dimensions in the preferences (33.125 x 140.4375 in) but it only works with a maximum width of 129 inches in the source program - Rhino. Any idea why?

TIA

Hayden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines