Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use "poster" option printing anymore on Mac OS Sonoma

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I updated yesterday my MacBook to MAC OS SOnoma 14.1.1 and now I cannot use anymore the "poster" option for printing large A0 files into multiple A4 files. The option is greyed out
I use this tool very often...
I already checked that I had the last version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (and even uninstalled et reinstalled it without any change...)

Can you please help me to solve this issue ?
Is it a global problem or only me ? Thanks in advance. Severine

TOPICS
Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact version of Acrobat. (I know you checked that, but posting it will confirm that). With Sonoma there where troubles, but they should be solved by now. 

Sometimes print options are greyed out, because of other related options. Check fit to page and things like that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
My version of Acrobat is 2023.006.20380 and my version of Sonoma is 14.1.1.
I enclose a screenshot of the printing view where the poster option is greyed out. I am used to this option since I used it nearly everyday but I cannot use it anymore since the last update 😞
Capture d’écran 2023-11-24 à 12.25.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was checking the options and noticed, when I clicked on the "advanced options" button that the option "print as image" is checked but I cannot uncheck it since it is greyed out. And there is a message saying "only print as image option is supported on MAC OS14 Beta..."
I enclose the screenshot (sorry it is in french)
Capture d’écran 2023-11-24 à 12.27.53.png
Can you help with that, since I think it is the cause of the problem. How can I uncheck this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the beta version of Sonoma? If not, you should uninstall Acrobat, run AcroCleaner (AcroCleaner — Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities) and redownload and reinstall.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am runing the official last version of MAC OS
See details below : MacBook Air 2020, Apple M1 microship, Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1 
I already uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader without any change. I will try again with AcroCleaner.
But on acrobat website Acrobat Reader is written as compatible with MAC OS 13... Not 14...
So maybe a known problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to uninstall and reinstall adobe acobat reader using the acrocleaner but unfortunately the problem remains 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines