• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certificate Errors

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a help desk staff member and I assisting helping a large bank of computer users. I've been assigned the task to troubleshoot an error message that I see when launching Adobe Reader DC. The message will keep repeating itself, no matter what I click, therefore Adobe Reader DC is unusable.

This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certificate authority.
Issued to: adobe.io
Issued by: <not sure if I can publish this information>
Valid from 7/29/21 to 7/31/22

Around 4-5 years ago, my work did block all ".IO" websites. We had a lot of gamers come in, using .IO sites for online multiplayer gaming and it was causing a massive disruption. Once blocked, the problem largely subsided.

Is the "*.IO" block causing the error message?

Other than trying to figure out how to add exceptions, is there a way to deploy a certificate via our Windows 2016 Server? Clients are on Windows 10. The Server 2016 was updated for Windows 10 policies.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that's causing issues. When I go to "adobe.io" it redirects to "developer.adobe.com".

You might want to add an exception to your *.io filter to let those requests proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, is that my immediate boss is telling me that's not possible because it would affect company wide, not just at my building's location.

Is there another way?  Yes, I did type in adobe.io from a station that wasn't blocked by .IO sites and was re-directed to developer.adobe.com

Is there a registry key I can change to maybe put in a different address to get the certificate from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is it possible to locally redirect my PC's adobe.io request to another site via some other means?  I'm not sure, maybe host file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I don't have answers to these questions. You will need to talk to someone in Adobe about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines