• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing highlighting colour

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the colour of the highlighting performed by Adobe when I'm in the CTRL F search function? If I'm doing a search of a particular word, for example, I find it really hard to see the light grey highlighting the Adobe used to show the next instance of that word. Is there a way to change this? I can see lots of posts about how to change highlighting when I myself am the one doing the highlighting, but that's not what I want. I want to know how to select a different colour for the highlighting that Adobe does on my behalf when I'm searching for a word. Hope this makes sense!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat or Acrobat Reader or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm using Acrobat Reader.

Thanks -

G.

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can change it, neither in Reader nor in Acrobat.

However, the highlight color should be a light blue, not grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

Sadly, I think you're right. But that's such a shame. I can't believe I'm the only one who has a problem with this? And yes, you're correct, the colour is light blue, not grey. I was hoping to be able to change it to something vibrant so that when I'm searching it's immediately apparent. Often the documents I'm proofreading have light coloured backgrounds and I'm often searching for a single character, so it's very hard to find the light blue highlighter on the page.

Thanks for your help, though!

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One alternative is to use a script to search for words with this specific character and then highlight them.

Those highlights can have any color you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

That's very kind of you to suggest that, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'use a script'? Or how I would highlight that?

Thanks  so much

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've created a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do just that:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-highlight-all-instances-of-a-word-or-phrase-in-a-pdf

If you're interested in an individual character, as opposed to a full word, you can use the Partial Match option it has, but then the highlight color will always be gray... I can customize it for you, though. Contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

You may submit your request/feedback to the engineering team using the link - https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Good thinking! I will do that!

Thanks -

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines