• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese Characters do not appear in Acrobat Reader but only in Acrobat Pro.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I noticed when I type Chinese characters in my PDF form here in Acrobat Reader, it did not appear properly, as seen here. I understand by reading some posts here that there are font packs that can solve the problem. However, it did not help me, but it can appear in Acrobat Pro. Is there a way to solve this for Acrobat Reader?Chinese Character Issue.JPG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is installed and run from the same computer as Acrobat Pro?

Look if the fonts are embedded. Properties→Fonts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used acrobat pro from my friend's computer while mine is using acrobat reader.

The fonts seem to be embedded here, so I am not sure why it is not working.embedded fonts.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference is the computer, not Acrobat. Your friend's computer has the Chinese fonts on the computer.

The fonts you show are not the complete fonts used, as there is a slider at the side. Times New Roman does not have an Asian subset, if I'm correct. And the screen copy does not show Times New Roman, may be Segeo. But Segeo does not contain the Chinese subset neither.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this problem as well. In my case I needed to download and install a font pack. I could find no option for Asian language support in preferences, but when I opened a PDF with Chinese characters Reader prompted me to download the installer from Adobe.com.

Here are the links if you don't get the prompt:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • A piggyback question, can adobe acrobat recognize handwritten traditional Chinese characters? I have an older document from the 1960s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines