• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't open PDF, Something is keeping this file from opening

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen reads: Something is keeping this file from opening Couldn't open PDF.  Adobe show being downloaded

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markl81629795,

It looks like you are trying to open pdf in Microsoft Edge which uses its own pdf viewer to view pdf files.

You may try right-clicking on the pdf file and select Open with>select Acrobat Reader.

Below is the screenshot:

Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. When I try to load a newspaper that comes up in my search on both our church website and on the Fulton NY historical newspapers site I get the same error message as above. When I right click on it there is no option to tell it to open with Adobe Reader. I have updated the Reader to the most recent version. I have never had a problem with this until this past week.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nygenealogynut,

Assuming you are trying to access the website in Microsoft Edge, could you please try accessing the website in another Web Browser like Google Chrome/Internet Explorer and see if that works?

You may also try hovering the mouse over the pdf file>right-click>and select Save as

Save the file on your computer and then open it with Acrobat Reader.

Please confirm the Web Browser you are using to access the website.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines