• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature - no password required?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am training people on how to create Digital Signatures.

I use Acrobat DC Pro. They only have access to Acrobat Reader DC. When creating a signature with Reader, it does not ask them to create a password. But with my Pro version, it does ask for a password for signatures.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is this not a requirement for Reader DC digital signatures?

Thanks to all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Hi Kathlin,

Sorry for delay in addressing your query.

I use Acrobat DC Pro. They only have access to Acrobat Reader DC. When creating a signature with Reader, it does not ask them to create a password. But with my Pro version, it does ask for a password for signatures.

While setting up Digital Signature I believe you have chose to set password in it. Delete the current Digital Signature and start over.

Also, would you mind sharing the screenshot of the password pop-up box that you get when setting u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathlin,

Sorry for delay in addressing your query.

While setting up Digital Signature I believe you have chose to set password in it. Delete the current Digital Signature and start over.

Also, would you mind sharing the screenshot of the password pop-up box that you get when setting up digital signature? Is it similar to the one shared below-

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Following the steps given for "Change the password and timeout for a digital ID" under help link: Digital IDs in Acrobat you can set your priorities.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am facing the same issue, too. I tried deleting the digital signature and create a new one and it still does not require me to enter a password whenever I put my digital signature in the pdf. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has run into something similar over and over and over.   The cause of the problem for us is that Adobe has two tools called "Sign".   

The first is just a simple graphic overlay that does not require a password.   It is found in the Sign menu under "Fill & Sign".   It just puts a graphic on top of the PDF that looks like your signature .  It is just a graphic, much like a highlight or other drawing tool.   This might be useful if you are creating a document and you want to include what looks like your hand written signature on it.

The other sign tool is the one you are looking for.   This one is called "Digitally Sign".   It is found under Tools / Certificates.     This signauture is much more than a graphic.  It saves a code that can be confirmed to have come from you and it does require you enter your password each time.    

Why didn't Adobe put both of these in the menu called "Sign"?    Who knows....

Hope this works for you!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan is correct...however.  When you create your Digital Signature you have a choice to save it in a file or in the Microsoft Certificate Store (assuming Windows).  If you do the latter, your windows Login is your credential and you are not challenged for a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!  You have saved me so much frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines