• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloading free acrobat reader keeps asking for sign in for trial paid version

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the paid Reader and recently cancelled that version.

I am now trying to download and install the free reader on a Mac.

After dowloading the Acrobat Reader I get the window to sign in for a free trial for the Pro version.

Any ideas on how I can just download the free version?

Have tried several times to download the free version and run into the same issue every time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

There isn’t a paid version of Reader (it’s called Acrobat) and there isn’t a free version of Acrobat. My guess is you stopped using Acrobat but it is still installed. Since these are two different apps, downloading one doesn’t get rid of the other. So, uninstall Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn’t a paid version of Reader (it’s called Acrobat) and there isn’t a free version of Acrobat. My guess is you stopped using Acrobat but it is still installed. Since these are two different apps, downloading one doesn’t get rid of the other. So, uninstall Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the Acrobat (Reader) that was installed and working fine on my iMac before I tried the free trial of Acrobat Pro?  Formerly, with the old Reader I had it would let me type into a form and save/print the results.

Did Adobe destroy my older version when the free trial happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since, no, Adobe didn't destroy Reader,

1. Check what you actually have installed. DON'T GUESS. Look in /Applications. Understand that Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader are two different apps.

2. If it still isn't making sense tell us exactly goes wrong. You imply you can no longer type in a form and save/print results. So.,. what happens when you try and do this in Reader now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines