• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit PDF pop up after the new update of Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the Adobe Reader and now overtime i open a pdf there is a pop up that says "edit pdf" and then a button that says "ADD" and when you click the "Add" button it takes you to

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/landing/edit-pricing.html?trackingid=N3PCRYC4&ttid=edtpdf1&mv=in-pro...

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Message was edited by: ANAND SRI BHATTACHARYA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-11-2017.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an upsell technique by Adobe. Reader can't edit PDF files. You need to subscribe/purchase Acrobat to be able to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the issue description, you are getting a popup to edit a PDF when you open a file.

I would like to offer my assistance.

As I am not able to reproduce the issue at my end, please help me with the following details:

1. Reader version.

To check the current version, go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader Or follow the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

2. Please share the screenshot of the first screen you get when you open the PDF file i.e. the Popup.

To share the screenshot, go through the link https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Response awaited.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the following steps and let us know if you still face any issue(s).

1. Quit the Reader app.

2. Launch the Reader app and open the desired pdf.

Thanks,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anurag,

This has not fixed my issue either. It is updated to the latest version as of today. We get a popup every time we open a PDF. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks,

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hallbomb​

Could you please share if you are on Mac? And if you are trying to access PDF files from within a browser?

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashu,

On a PC running windows 10. We have tried opening both ways, through a browser and opening straight into reader.

Thanks,

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zack,

Please try the following steps:-

- Quit or Force quit browser and Adobe Reader (if running). Make sure they are not running in background.

- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader.

- Open any PDF file and wait for 10-15 seconds.

- Open another PDF file.

- If you get the Edit upsell window, close it.

- Quit Adobe Reader.

-  Now open any PDF in browser.

Thanks,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-11-2017.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines