• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email button causes outlook to freeze

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever a user presses the mail button ( the little envelop ) and selects the default mail application, which is Microsoft outlook, it causes outlook to freeze until all Acrobat DC instances are closed. The email will go through, an new mail pop up appears with the PDF attached. But then outlook will be unresponsive until acrobat DC is closed out. Has any one seen this and know of any solutions? I have repaired office and Acrobat and still get the issue.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with multiple users. I've found there's a work around for when outlook freezes. try and send another PDF to email and when the dialogue box pops up to send the email close it and outlook un-freezes. still cant find what the exact problem is though... rather frustrating at a recruitment consultancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that bypassing the dialog was the best to fix the lock up, here adobe gives you a registry hack to accomplish that https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and it changes the dialogue box over to a different one but outlook still freezes after the email is sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other solution I found was to uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" from the "security(enhanced)" menu on the preferences. The new dialog you get (from the prior solution) is bypassed if you select remember choice also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i did that first. unfortunately its still behaving the same as it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnp889196  skrev

When ever a user presses the mail button ( the little envelop ) and selects the default mail application, which is Microsoft outlook, it causes outlook to freeze until all Acrobat DC instances are closed. The email will go through, an new mail pop up appears with the PDF attached. But then outlook will be unresponsive until acrobat DC is closed out. Has any one seen this and know of any solutions? I have repaired office and Acrobat and still get the issue.

Thank you

My issue was slightly different, as I did not try to send emails from Adobe, but from Outlook itself! Every time I booted the pc, Outlook would hang for 5-10 minutes first time I pressed the "new mail" or "answer mail" buttons! Seriously annoying!

Solution showed to be: Remove the two add-ins to Outlook: (Document Cloud and PDFMaker) - this requires RunAs Outlook with admin credentials.

Of course, that is not a solution, if you actually ​use ​either of the add-ins. I don't, so for me this was the feasible solution.

Cause is suspected to be: The two add-ins try to connect to Adobe servers through ports in the firewall which are closed on our premises.

That I ​can't ​influence, but if you can, that may be your go-to solution if you ​want ​to use the add-ins.

I have been running Windows 7 + Office 2016 + Adobe Acrobat DC for a while before the issue arose mid-April following a (very late) roll-out of an Office update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Outlook add-ins do you all have?  We are experiencing this same behavior and have narrowed it down to two Outlook add-ins that are contributing - NetDocuments Outlook Add-in & Kiteworks Attacher Outlook Add-in.  When those add-ins are disabled, the "send as email attachment" in Acrobat doesn't cause the freeze issue in Outlook after the email is sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the exact same problem!!  Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is acrobat bug. Sadly, no one at Adobe pays attention.

Another thread with this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/sending-an-email-from-acrobat-reader-freezes-outlook-2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines