• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enlarge and print or convert a landscape A4 PDF as 2x portrait A4

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, this sounds easy, and I am feeling kind of dumb...

I have a document (user manual) whose most pages are "2 in 1". The document is available as an attachment to this post.

The printed version (coming with the product) is an A3-ish booklet showing one A4-ish page per numbered page.

The pdf version has 2 pages per A4 landscape (except for the first page). As you can guess, printing it gives a barely legible document.

So, I would like to print this manual on a A4/letter printer, so that each "numbered page" in the pdf goes on a printed A4 page (e.g., numbered pages 2 and 3 go on two separate pages).

I can't find how to do do that (Adobe reader DC 2021.007.20099) running on windows 10.

THanks in advance

Gilbert PS: why do I want a printed version if I have the booklet? Well, I need only the English pages, and I want to preserve the booklet. Photocopying with my low-end multi-function device is so-so, while printing is fine. I >could< go to a copy shop... but I would have thought it is possible.

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I think I have found a solution to your problem although not from the actual printing side. What I found quite easy to do was to edit each of the pdf pages by cropping them (first the left side then the right) and saving them as individual pages then combining them all into one pdf document of 10 pages. I am attaching the document I ended up with, I hope this is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible with the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, I made my own guess that you would need Acrobat. In such a case, it might be simpler to change the page size from A4 to A3?

Thanks to Marcia21*kgid for providing a printable document.

I am keeping the question open as a matter of curiosity.

Gilbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines