• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1722

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving Error 1722 when trying to install Acrobat Reader DC.

Adobe_Reader_Installation_Error.PNG

I have searched the forums extensively and have tried all the solutions found on this help page:

Error 1722 while installing/updating Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC on Windows

I have also tried using the Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool and have tried different direct downloads of the reader package, including readerdc_en_xa_install, AcroRdrDC1901220034_en_US, and readerdc_en_xa_crd_install.  None of these work.  I should note that this is a rebuild using a fresh installation of Windows 7.1 SP1 so there is very little software on the PC that should be interfering with this installation.

At this point, I have several hours invested in a piece of software which was supposed to be seamless.  And because I need to view PDF files, it seems I have to find a solution.  If someone could assist, I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Jane, gkaiseril,

Thank you for your responses and help.  You can consider this request closed. 

I did two things related to Jane's original question regarding the system requirements.  I am not sure which one worked, but afterwards I was able to install Adobe Reader.  1) I thought I already was on Windows 7 service pack 1 because I had installed it using Windows Update.  But to make sure, I went to Microsoft's standalone Windows 7 SP1 upgrade page and installed the required update manually.  2) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Hi Larry,

Thanks for sharing your findings with us.

As suggested in the help article Error 1722 while installing/updating Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC on Windows installing the Windows update manually might have played major role in fixing the issue.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Does your computer meet the system requirements?

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC system requirements

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

My system meets all the requirements, but I use Chrome as my browser.  I had not noticed it before, but the requirements say Internet Explorer 11.  Why would Reader require IE 11 as the browser?  Why would it be browser specific at all?  I seem to recall that one of the downloads asks if you want to include a Chrome extension.

Thanks for your help,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader has browser plugins and not all browsers support the Adobe Reader plug-in. Google Chrome and Windows Edge browsers do not use the Adobe Reader plug-in but use the PDF viewer plugin designed by their developer, Both of which may not be as good as the Adobe product. You may need to restart you system and try the install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

I’m on a Mac and do not, of course, have IE or Edge, as they do not run on a Mac.

I do have the extension for running Reader in Chrome. Try the Adobe help page:

Open PDFs in Acrobat Reader from Chrome

or look for the extension within Chrome.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, gkaiseril,

Thank you for your responses and help.  You can consider this request closed. 

I did two things related to Jane's original question regarding the system requirements.  I am not sure which one worked, but afterwards I was able to install Adobe Reader.  1) I thought I already was on Windows 7 service pack 1 because I had installed it using Windows Update.  But to make sure, I went to Microsoft's standalone Windows 7 SP1 upgrade page and installed the required update manually.  2)  While it still does not make sense to me that the installation of a browser would be required for Adobe Reader, I went ahead and updated to Internet Explorer 11.  One of these two things, or maybe both of them, fixed the problem.   While before Adobe Reader ran to the very end, then backed out of everything, last night it completed successfully. 

Thanks so much for your help.  You can consider this help request answered and closed.

Best,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

I‘m glad it‘s working now, and thanks for the update. This will be helpful to others.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Thanks for sharing your findings with us.

As suggested in the help article Error 1722 while installing/updating Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC on Windows installing the Windows update manually might have played major role in fixing the issue.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I fix error 1722 FSX on Windows 10?
Start the Windows Installer Service.
Reregister the Windows Installer Service.
Open the Program and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
Enable Windows Script Hosting.
Set up a new Admin Account.
Scan the Registry.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines