• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files opened from iCloud Drive not showing in recent files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS 11.7.10 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 2024.001.20604. Since last night, any PDFs I open from iCloud Drive on my Mac are not showing in my recently opened files in Acrobat Reader. I have never had a problem with this before. I already tried turning off my computer and restarting it. In Preferences, the "Documents in recently used list" setting hasn't changed (it's at 100). Additionally, I already had a file in my recently opened files list that was from iCloud Drive. It is not at the top of the list, and if I open the file again, it doesn't move to the top of the list. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have Mac OS Sonoma 14.4, Acrobat Pro 2024.001.20615 but I've seen other posts from people not using Mac that are having the same problem.

I tried uninstalling Acrobat Pro and reinstalling, but it didn't help. If I save the file to the desktop or Documents folder, it works. But if I save it to my folders which are not under Documents, it doesn't work. Nothing shows in the Recent list except older files, and when I try to mark it as a Favorite, I get a dialog box that says it must be saved first. But, it still doesn't work unless I save it to the Desktop or Documents folder. This has never been a problem before.

Adobe, please fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here since last week.

Also using Mac OS Sonoma 14.4 and  Acrobat DC Reader 2024.001.20615. Extremely annoying, frankly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only it doesn't remeber having opened the icloud files. It allows you to mark them as Favorites... But then it doesn´t show the files in the favorites list.

What a shoddy work. I usually have around 20 files simultaneously opened in clusters corresponding to different branches of my work. I now have to keep track *manually* of the files that I'm using.

So far two mornings of work lost because of this extremely unprofessional display by Adobe. I can hardly express how annoyed I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, except I use Google Drive to sync my files to my computer, not iCloud, and sometimes I open files from a client's Dropbox folder that I have also synced to my computer. The only files that show up in my Recent Files list are PDFs that I've saved to the Adobe cloud, or are saved to my desktop.

This is a new behavior. The Recent Files list used to include files that were synced to my computer via other cloud drive services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOS Ventura 13.5.2, Google Drive version 89.0.2.0, Dropbox version 195.4.4995, and Acrobat version 24.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not saavy with computers. It seems some other people who post on forums are at least a little more saavy than I am. The problem going on here seems to be that Acrobat Reader is no longer recognizing all the PDF files on iCloud Drive as local files. If I open Acrobat Reader to the Home screen, in the top center section on the right you see there you can click something which says "Open File", you click that, it says you can "Add File Storage", which shows some cloud storage apps but not iCloud Drive.

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 4.51.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 4.52.53 PM.png

Also when you click "Open File" from the same place as before, other than "Add File Storage" it also shows "Your Computer" and then "Select from a Recent Folder", but it doesn't show for me the iCloud Drive folder and I don't see any way to add it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with recent files from iCloud no longer showing after the most recent update. Because I need access to multiple files from the previous day, I now have to waste a lot of time hunting down the previous day's files before I can begin work. I have no interest in switching to another cloud service. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I might look at dropping Adobe Acrobat Pro for another pdf program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing your frustrations… exactly the same situation with integrated Dropbox. Files in Dropbox do not appear as recents. Files anywhere else on hard disk do.  Maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually after several hours scouring preferences and forums orver the the last few weeks to no avail I just discovered "Add file storage" on the home tab which allows linking to dropbox - unbelievable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about that in this thread but it doesn't have an option for iCloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

The issue has been reported to the team, and they are working on fixing it.

We will update you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for letting us know this is still being worked on, MeenakshiNegi. Since this has been a problem for over six months, it's getting very frustrating. I am now looking into other software to use instead of Acrobat Pro. That's huge because I've been an extremely happy Acrobat user for over 30 years, along with other Adobe products. I absolutely do not want to switch to a different app, but it's very difficult and time consuming to search through the file system to find the same folders every single time that I need them, which is several times a day.  This is not the quality that Adobe products have always given users throughout their history. Hopefully this is fixed soon. Thank you again for your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines