Exit

Get path to FDF form

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening everybody,

I would appreciate some guidance on the following:

I am exporting an FDF from a "parametric" PDF file (parametric in the sense that a number of page templates are spawned or not, depending on user choices).

Now, I found out (the hard way) that in order to transfer data from fields that appear on spawned pages, I need to import the FDF file twice. 

For the first import, I use importAnFDF() without parameters, so it launches an explorer window, which is perfect. As explained above, this first import ensures that the base file has the exact same structure with the file that generated the FDF, however a second import is required to actually transfer the data from fields in spawned pages (which makes some sense to me, although unclear if it is right or wrong...)

Is there a way to retrieve the path of the imported FDF from the first import so that I can use it as a parameter to the second call to importAnFDF(FDFpath)? This would smooth-out the import process as it would not require asking the user to select the same file twice (and it would look more professional too...)

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance,

Nikolas Bouliaris

P.S. I use Acrobat DC in Win10 Pro

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?