• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gibberish Print with Certain PDFs, Same PDF Prints Fine from Other PCs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that I downloaded from a company that I need to print and fill out, yet when I print it, most of the text is gibberish. I have uninstalled Adobe Reader, and even my printer, rebooted, reinstalled Adobe Reader (latest version) and my printer drivers, yet still the same issue. The PDF file prints fine on my other computers and using the same printer. I would like to figure out why it's printing this gibberish, nonsense text from just my PC. I can print other PDF files without issue on my PC, it's just this one. But remember, this same PDF prints fine on my other PCs and using the same printer.

I have tried "Print as Image" and "Rely on System Fonts Only" but it still does the same thing.

Attached are 2 pictures: one of the gibberish prints and the other is what it *should* be.

Also attached the PDF if that helps.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no edit button so you can edit your post right after submitting? I wanted to correct download to downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no replies or suggestions? Is everyone as clueless as I am about this? Did I post in the wrong forum or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely reason is that the fonts were not embedded by the creator of the PDF and you do not have the fonts installed, whereas your co-workers do.

I fixed your typo for you as per your second post.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying and fixing my typo.

I thought that may be the issue, but when I check the properties of the pdf, all the fonts say they are embedded. The file is attached in my original post if you have time to look at it, I would appreciate it.

I've attached a snapshot of the Fonts tab under the Document Properties if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed FoxIt PDF Reader, and it printed the PDF correctly without any issues. So it's not the PDF file but something with Adobe Reader, though I have uninstalled it, and even used Adobe's Reader Cleaner Tool, but everytime I reinstall it, I have the same issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines