• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Adobe Custom install

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.  I inherited ownership of Adobe Reader in my organization, and it's my role to maintain the updates and deploy as needed.  We use the 2017 and 2020 Classic track, as DC is not allowed here by our ITSEC team.

Historically it was done by using the customization wizard, by opening the MSI, setting the properties we want, and then also generating a Transforms file.  I'm not sure if we still need the Transforms file though.  

Current command used : [msiexec  \\Path\AcroRead.msi\DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /qb /norestart]

The main things we modify are accepting the EULA, removing the Desktop icon, preventing any type of auto-update(which doesn't always work), blocking upsell and anything related to cloud storage.  We do not want Protected Mode turned on for any use, local file or browser click, no enhanced protection, etc.  These setting block printing and other functions used by some fairly old in-house applications.

So can I just open the MSI, set it how I want, then save the package and forego the Transforms file?

Also, how to block any and all update attempts by the clients, as we do that quarterly.  I need this to be as open and basic as it can get.

Thanks!

RS

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?