Copied

this just started with the update that was applied to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

I close the tool panel I made sure this option was selected

when I reopen a PDF the tool panel is open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Hi WD711,

As mentioned, you are facing issue when trying to hide right-hand tools pane in Reader, could you check "restore last view settings when reopening documents" under Edit > Preferences > Documents, click OK, relaunch Reader and check?

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WD711,

As mentioned, you are facing issue when trying to hide right-hand tools pane in Reader, could you check "restore last view settings when reopening documents" under Edit > Preferences > Documents, click OK, relaunch Reader and check?

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, In the new version of the acrobat reader app, the above-mentioned method is not working. Any fix for the latest version? Hiding tools panel not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates on  this? I'm dealing with the same issue and it's driving me crazy. I use PDFs constantly at work so having to manually minimize the tools tab is incredibly tedious. At this point I'm using my internet browser to open PDFs and ditching Adobe altogether, but if there is a solution I'd love to hear about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines