• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reduce the file size of PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free version)?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free version), ScanSnap ix500 & MAC OS X.  I have lots of documents/statements I want to scan and would like to know how to reduce the size of the document to conserve memory. I scanned a 1 page document, converted in to a PDF and save it to a folder on my computer.  The file size of the PDF was 371 KB.  Can I reduce the size w/o having to purchase the Adobe Reader std. or Pro edition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

You can't. You need Acrobat for that kind of task.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. You need Acrobat for that kind of task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one, standard version or Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with either one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How what? To do it in Acrobat? For example, File - Save As Other - Reduced Size PDF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying, but there is no option to save as a reduced sized pdf in to save as other, the only option I find there is to save as a text which does not work with a scan, or online as as a word or excel which simply throws the user to an upgrade to Acrobat Pro page - in my Acrobat Reader DC (Free version) windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because you're using Reader. I already said above that it can't be done with Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different products. Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader. You have Adobe Acrobat Reader but to do what you want, you need Adobe Acrobat. Yes, the names can be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are using the ix500, you might want to try, changing the scan and compression settings in SnapScan when you scan the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just go to a third-party web site and do it.  Search for 'reduce PDF online'.  I do it and it works fine, with no ads or gimmicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines