• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set an expiry date on a PDF file?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am looking to share a confidential PDF document to a group of people, and I would like to block their access after a period of time. Does anyone know how to do that?

(I have access to an Adobe Pro license)

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in Acrobat Pro to do that. There are DRM solutions such as the one in Adobe Experience Manager which can control access. This needs a server to run it on; expect a 5 figure annual fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How secure do you need it to be? If anything beyond not secure at all, then DRM is the solution.

Otherwise you can use a script, but there are many ways around it, such as disabling JS, changing the computer date, opening the file in a non-compliant viewer that doesn't execute scripts, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines