How do I disable the comments bar from opening up automatically?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable the comments bar from opening up automatically everytime I open a pdf file?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022
Hi Peter, I had the same issue as well when I opened pdf drawings from AutoCAD. I solved it by clicking Edit and in the drop down menu click Preferences.In the preferences window unselect Show comments pane when a PDF with comments is opened.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterW

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to close the comments bar from opening up everytime you open a PDF file.

Are you referring to the comment pane in the right hand of the PDF? If yes, please minimize the comment pane by clicking on the small arrow as shown in the screenshot and then go to Edit (Windows) , Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Documents > Select 'Restore last view setting when re-opening the document' Click OK and check.

Untitled.png

Hope this will help, let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, I had the same issue as well when I opened pdf drawings from AutoCAD. I solved it by clicking Edit and in the drop down menu click Preferences.

In the preferences window unselect Show comments pane when a PDF with comments is opened.

Adobe-Comment.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines