• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I display two PDF documents side by side?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Acrobat Reader DC. I want to display two documents side by side so I can compare them and in this latest and greatest, better than sliced bread version I don't seem to be able to do this [removed] ????

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Hi Doug,

Can you please mention the dot version of Reader which you are using?

If you are viewing pdf in tabbed browsing view and you want to open the other pdf in a different window so that you can compare pdfs, you can drag one of the tabbed pdf out of Acrobat window and the pdf will open up in a new window.

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

Can you please mention the dot version of Reader which you are using?

If you are viewing pdf in tabbed browsing view and you want to open the other pdf in a different window so that you can compare pdfs, you can drag one of the tabbed pdf out of Acrobat window and the pdf will open up in a new window.

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It would be nice if Adobe would tell you that. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 'two page view' and I want to bring in a second document at the side to compare 

How do I do it ?

Thx

Screenshot 2020-10-26 093701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 'two page view' and I want to bring in a second document at the side to compare 

How do I do it ?

Thx

Screenshot 2020-10-26 093701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done it !

Click on the 'page thumbnails icon LH side

click the drop down menu 'options' 

select 'insert pages' 

You then have the option to insert a new page before or after the one already open

Screenshot 2020-10-26 102113.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but this is a bad workaround. Basically you're suggesting that folks merge documents in order to compare them--which, in the process, corrupts the revision stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, the manual process isn't ideal for editing content, but this post was exactly what I needed for a dual-language presentation.  I was trying to think of how to bind the two slide decks side by side, and hadn't thought of just alternating them and presenting the "two page" view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul, even this is an older post but your answer was SPOT ON!!!! I could not, for the life of me get two documents side by side. I do NOT want to compare them using Adobe's report format. It is visually very confusing. You suggesting of taking one of the opened files and dragging it off the Acobat page did indeed open it in a new page all by itself. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rahul!

And how can I make both documents scroll at the same time, in parallel view? But not in document comparison mode, because all I want to do is to read in parallel and make small adjustments to one of the documents.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the tip, Rahul. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screen shots of this procedure? I can't get them to appear on the same screen and have to back and forth between them. In word it is very easy but I can't figure out how to do in adobe. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria, try the Tile options in the Window menu of Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should be marked as correct answer. Thank you Test Screen Name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem to be the best answer, but it's a little clunky. Especially in contrast to some of the impressive review functions available in Acrobat DC, I hope a more integrated, fluid and complete solution is on the horizon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What functions in Acrobat Reader does you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Legend!  This was so helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Can I say that I am totally lost with your answers. I am disparetly trying to view 2 documents at the same time but in vein. Cannot find the tile option you are talking about and cannot get one doc into the other that is displayed as 2 pages. 

More over, I am struggling with Adobe DC changing its toolbar. Instead of one click on View, I have to click on the lines, scroll down till i find view. For people with disability, it is all very painful.

Sorry to moan but I have been struggling for an hour to see the 2 docs in vein. I even try to hear on read while I read the other but it does not work.

HEEEElP! 

Mohga

MohgaKY@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeat the process shown below in the image of the menus, I tried it with up to three windows, and as you can see it worked very well.

One of the images shows which version I'm working on.

I want it to work for you. 🙂

ErnestoChvezNuo_2-1693674980960.png

ErnestoChvezNuo_0-1693674550894.png

ErnestoChvezNuo_1-1693674884747.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the solution.

1. Open two files in Acrobat. (Acrobat can open multiple files in only one widow with two files.) 

2. Go to Windows menu.

3. Click Tile and click Horizontal for files to be visible side-by-side. 

4. Click Tile and click Vertical for files to be visible top and down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just wanted to note, that your points 3 and 4 should be reversed, in that selecting Tile [cid:80e8ddee-5e87-4381-959f-338b133579f4] Horizontal, will set your documents one on top of each other. If you select Tile [cid:1a182443-cd10-41c9-9c88-a3b2ca793fc2] Vertical, will set up your pdf's next to, or along side each other, as in one on the right and one on the left.

Otherwise, thank you for teaching me how to access this point, I didn't know where to look for it, ta.

Cheers,
Berta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Windows menu.

Click Tile

click Horizontal

None of this means anything to me. 

Others say "Go to VIEW & click SIDE BY SIDE."  My VIEW has no SIDE BY SIDE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines