How do I fix this???? The document could not be saved. A number is out of range.

Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about ready to have an anxiety attack. WTF Why do I have to go to a help menu to fix this ridiculous issue??  Come On!!  I went to the help menu, followed directions and still doesn't work. I do not have time for this!!

Fire you developers or pay them more to fix it!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cinergi

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

Do you get this error upon saving all the documents or any specific one? Here is a forum thread where similar issue has been discussed and resolved: This Document could not be saved. A number is out of range.  follow the steps suggested and let us know if you still struggle to bypass the error.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is how I fixed it, and was eventually able to save the form after getting the error message:

jodyh44191785_1-1656041546811.png

1. In my case, I was trying to debug a PDF that wouldn't let people sign digital signatures completely. It would let you get through the "signing part"; but once it got to the "save file" part, that error message came up. 
  2. I tried the printing to PDF but I got another error that said it couldn't do that. I tried doing this via the Adobe Acrobat DC (full version) and DC (reader version) but got the same error message both times. It's not surprising this process doesn't work from the app.
  3. Then I tried opening the file in a browser window (such as if you just clicked on the file, like when it is attached in an email).
  4.  At that time, it allowed me to "print to PDF" and I was able to save the file copy it, etc....  In my case, I was just trying to debug a digital signature box that wouldn't let people sign. Of course, when I "printed to PDF", I understood I would lose any of the previous fillable sections. But I only needed to add a digital signature box; so for my purposes, it worked just fine and I wouldn't need to create a bunch of fillable areas.

Hope this helps!

Best.

Jody

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clarification, I didn't do anything special. I knew there was a bug in the document. I had already tried several suggested workarounds such as:

1) Saving document with a different name in a different location

2) Turning off "Save As optimizes for Fast Web Review"

3) Using the Postscript workaround  (I didn't try this one yet).

I just needed to create a new PDF file. I could have achieved the same result by printing out the file on printer, and scanning it back in, to create a new PDF; it just wouldn't have come out as pretty as the "print to PDF function";)

Best,

Jody

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines