• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Acrobar Reader DC for preview pdf attachments in Outlook 365?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A third party program uninstalled outlook mail preview program and I'd now like to install acrobat for the task.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edvard1960,

You can install Reader DC from the below mentioned link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Also you might need to enable PDF Preview Handler option in your Outlook version by following these instructions:

• Open Outlook and go to "File > Options > Trust Center"
  • Click on "Trust Center Settings..." button
  • Select "Attachment Handling" option from the menu on the left and click on "Attachment and Document Previewers..." button. ( Un-check the "Turn off attachment preview" option if its checked)
  • Locate and enable PDF Preview Handler option under 'File Previewing Options' dialog box.
  • Click OK to apply changes.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have enabled PDF Handler from the Trust Center but I am still getting this error message, "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it." What should I do?

I have already uninstalled all of my Adobe programs, restarted my PC and reinstalled them. I still cannot view .pdf in outlook.

Please help,

Ron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I am using Outlook 2016 on a Windows 32 bit PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has yet to answer this for me, were you able to get anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having a case open? Did they ever answer? We have this issue too with several users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the steps in reply 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we followed the steps in Reply number one. Yes, we have checked al possibly related registry keys, multiple times.

(No we have not tried an install/uninstall of Foxit Reader to fix this issue. Elsewhere that is being reported as a workaround to get Adobe Acrobat Reader working again as PDF preview option in Outlook. If it does, it means they know something about handling previews in Office that Adobe apparently does not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with outlook 365.  The pdf file cannot be previewed.  It returned the message as mentioned above.  I've worked with my company's IT department for a number of days, and the problem still cannot be resolved.  I'm hoping that Adobe could provide a solution to this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get a resolution for this? I have the same problem. I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and reinstalled. I have ticket the box "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer" and clicked on "Select As Default PDF Handler".

I simply don't see "PDF Preview Handler" in Outlook.

I have also done a quick repair on Office 2013 Pro Plus. Nothing has fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also reporting this problem on 09 September 2021.

Everything was working fine until I started my laptop today and clicked to review the attached PDF File. To my surprise, I saw the same KILLER message, as mentioned in this post , "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it"

Very Annoying, as my tasks now take twice the amount of time, since I have to keep on switching back and forth from Adober Reader to Microsoft Outlook.

Has anyone been able to rectify the issue?

I've tried what has already been suggested, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi E5c0,

It seems there was two different versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader on the computer and they were blocking each other. I have used the AdobeAcroCleaner to get rid of everything Adobe Acrobat. I then reinstalled but still had the issue that the File Explorer preview didn't come back. I then used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader and delete left over Registry entries, and then reinstalled, which has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the only thing that worked - thanks so much!  IT (well, boss really) got me a new work computer and I couldn't get pdfs to preview for nothin'!  tried uninstalling/installing/restarting - nothing worked.  downloaded Revo, did the steps above in this pose and voila!  thanks so much for sharing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad I could help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines