• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Print Double Sided

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you print double sided from Adobe Reader?

I have tried 'File >> Print' which brings up the print dialogue box.

There are no options for double sided/duplex on the basic view. I have two options: 'Properties' and 'Advanced'. Properties also has an 'Advanced' option. The double sided/duplex option does not appear on any of these forms, even after I have expanded all the menus.

I have been searching the internet for days and I can't find an answer to this (what I though would be very simple) question.

My printer is capable of printing double sided so it is a setting in Adobe that is not showing up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Hi,

Double Sided printing properties are part of printer function which can be accessed using Properties button after selecting the Printer from the Print dialog box in Acrobat app.

You can also have a look at this: Print double-sided | Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Hello

I had the same issue on Feb 23, 2020 with Brother HL-L2370DW (Windows 10).

Yes, the same with me. Doublesided printing was available on MS Word but not on Adobe Reader DC.

After reading the hints in this thread, here is what I did to fix the issue. Thanks to all.

Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Right click on the printer icon and select Printer Properties - Click on Device Settings tab.

Look under Installable Options - Duplex Unit: from drop down menu select: Installed

Click Ok.

That made

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Thank you! Enabling Duplex printing was the thing that worked for my Brother printer. I could print double-sided without enabling Duplex in other programs, but not Adobe Acrobat.

I went to Printers & Scanners, found my printer and clicked Manage, then Printer Properties, then Device Settings, then Installable Options, then for Duplex Unit I selected Installed. The Apply and Ok

What a ridiculous set of hoops to jump through!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Double Sided printing properties are part of printer function which can be accessed using Properties button after selecting the Printer from the Print dialog box in Acrobat app.

You can also have a look at this: Print double-sided | Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help.  My printer is capable of printing double sided (I can print word documents that way); however, just does not give me the option when trying to print a PDF through Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text box in that example is not the textbox that displays when you use "Print" in the newest version of Adobe Reader DC.

Can you please provide directions on where/how to find the double sided print option in the textbox here:

You see, I understand that these boxes are also associated with the printer however before updating to this version of Reader I was able to print all of my documents, double sided, on the same printer assigned there. There was previously a "check box" in the PAGE SIZING & HANDLING SECTION.

IF this is not a function of the DC Reader, how can I download an older version on my Windows 10 PC in order to be able to print properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickl13567758,

Could you please check if Print on both sides is set under Printer's printing preferences?

1- Right-click on Start menu>click Control Panel>Devices and Printers

2- Select your printer>right-click>Printing preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. So where is the double side select button?

I have two Brother printers. After Installing Windows Crap 10,when I use the Adobe reader to print, there is no longer a selection for double sided printing. To clarify;

Both Brother printers have both sides set as observed from Control panel/ Devices and printers/ Printing preferences.

Both side printing works with other programs but I would prefer to use Reader if I can fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carlz36429114,

The double-sided print option should be visible under Print dialogue when you select your "Printer" from the drop-down options.

Below is the screenshot:

Could you please confirm Adobe Reader version you have on the machine?

For ex- in Acrobat Reader DC, click Help menu>and select About Adobe Reader DC.

Awaiting your response.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue - NO OPTION for DOUBLE SIDED in Print Dialogue. Try this Click Printer Properties / Quick Setup and under Additional Features check off Duplex Printing. I applied the new setting closed and reopened Print box and the option to print double sided appeared. Hope that helps!

SCREEN638.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With an Epson 3640 series 3 printer:

From the print dialog box you get when you select print look at the bottom and see "printer'. Click it, say "yes" if you get a warning, and you'll get the standard print info box. Where it says "layout" click the down arrow and look for "two sided print options". Turn it on and select the binding option you want. Click Print, you'll get the original print box, click print again and it'll print double sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Enabling Duplex printing was the thing that worked for my Brother printer. I could print double-sided without enabling Duplex in other programs, but not Adobe Acrobat.

I went to Printers & Scanners, found my printer and clicked Manage, then Printer Properties, then Device Settings, then Installable Options, then for Duplex Unit I selected Installed. The Apply and Ok

What a ridiculous set of hoops to jump through!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, fbidwell.Your instructions were excellent. I had to use one additional step: after selecting Printer Properties I had to click on Change Properties and then continue with Device Settings and so on.

I completely agree with your comment: what a ridiculous set of hoops to jump through!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well on my Brother printer. I had to enable Duplex Unit by accessing the printer via. the Windows 10 Printers & Scanners settings. Click on the Brother printer, chick MANAGE --> PRINTER PROPERTIES PREFERENCES --> DEVICE SETTINGS. Then under "Installer Options," change "Duplex Unit" from "Not installed" to "Instlaled."

MS Word and other apps printed double-sided before I changed this setting, but I needed to change things around to get duplex prining enabled in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thanks. Never had any program ever do this; it was always so easy. This was rediculous to figure out and Adobe needs to remove their stock robot answer and post the actual fix found by users.

I'd try to figure this problem out multiple times before giving up. Finally found this post and problem solved. Waste of time for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, great instruction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already posted  but special reply to Adobe team member

hi    i think i might know what was  the issue.    it might be a little glitch from Adobe  but they can investigate it.

so i had same issue    my Printer has double side printing  and the name of my printer was changed and through Adobe   the check box dissapeared.     so i could not choose any more to print double sided in adobe print configuration.        so i deleted  the printer from settings  and  enroled  again      and with default name   i have the double side check box back.    again renamed my printer   and the box dissapeared in adobe.   i tried couple of times  and this is the issue    now i dont rename my printer  and stays by default.       Adobe  team  hope it helps  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too with adobe reader dc on a Mac. There is no box anywhere for printing on my duplex enabled printer. No option under properties, printer, paper, etc. inside of adobe.

Where do you enable 2 sided printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an awkward work-around (I used to use this before double printing was standard):

1. Print all odd pages - reversed (odd first in case there's a blank last page)

2. Put the paper back in the printer (according to whatever direction your printer prints)

3. Print all even pages - reversed.

You should end up with a complete double-sided set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, tks!  Ive tried that before and inevitably I get a jam, 2 pages get sucked up at the same time or something goes wrong and I have to do it over wasting time and ink and getting more frustrated.  Tks.  I have another thread going where these supposed know it all experts try to help and all they say it that its suppose to work.....  Cannon blames apple.  Apple says its adobes fault and adobe says it works....   blah, blah, blah.  works fine on pc and also in Mac apps - NOT adobe.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the opposite problem - its printing duplex when I want s/s. And only in acrobat. And no longer have the button to on/off the double sided print.

Followed the instructions on the Adobe page to get to the Utilities / Terminal only to get a lock where I enter my password (and I'm the owner, Admin, and only user of this printer!). No info how to unlock so no success.

The notable line on the Adobe page for this is: "Currently, the print settings in macOS take precedence over the print settings in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader." SOOOOO, there ya go: Adobe needs to fix this issue and keep print controls in Acrobat. It doesn't happen in any other program, so it can be done -- it is up to Adobe to fix. Soon I hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 1.55.15 PM.png

Hey folks! I was running into the same problem not being able to print double sided with Adobe Acrobat DC and in Illustrator. I've found a work around for Illustrator and I was so hoping the fix in Illustrator could be replicated in Adobe Acrobat, but unfortunately it didn't work.

See attachement above

This document had two pages that I wanted to print back to back. When I click on ALL pages it wouldn't print double sided. Then I tried clicking RANGE and put the entire document range from 1-2 pages and then hit print. It worked! So for those of you who have Illustrator and open your PDF in there to print, this is a little fix.

Best,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had the same issue on Feb 23, 2020 with Brother HL-L2370DW (Windows 10).

Yes, the same with me. Doublesided printing was available on MS Word but not on Adobe Reader DC.

After reading the hints in this thread, here is what I did to fix the issue. Thanks to all.

Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Right click on the printer icon and select Printer Properties - Click on Device Settings tab.

Look under Installable Options - Duplex Unit: from drop down menu select: Installed

Click Ok.

That made the doubleside printing in Adobe Reader DC available.

Hossein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hossein2020, this helped me solve the same problem with an HP Officejet Pro 8600.  Thanks for taking the time to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton! I have spent so many hours trying to figure this out and all the other suggested fixes didn't work. The path I had to get tto follow to the duplex setting was a little different but close enough for me to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again thank you! Appreciate the effort to help others! Fix worked like a charm. Glad I found your help before spending hours figuring it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I get to the Device Settings screen there is no "Installable Options" option! It says "Available Options," under which are listed Try 2 and Tray 3. then a blanked out "Installed Options" label with nothing beneath it. Any thoughts/ideas anyone? TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines