• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print single sided on a Mac or turn off double-sided printing.

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off double-sided printing on a Mac? The archives had an answer for this question for a PC but I am using a Mac laptop. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A new help page has been published for this issue: Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac.

Please let us know how it works for you.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all the issues people have mentioned above.  Mac, always printing double sided pdfs and only when printing with Adobe.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling acrobat, rebooting, then reinstalling acrobat.     I am running IOS 10.14.5 and Adobe Acrobat 19.12.20034.328841

Hope this helps and post if it fixed your problem.  Now you know why Steve Jobs killed flash.  Poor quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

este pograma não funciona queiram por favor proceder ao estorno do meu pagamento com a maior brevidade, sem outro assunto Manuel Carmo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those options in Prefs are greyed out on a mac,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem with Acrobat Reader DC and High Sierra.  This wasn't happening last month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe that Adobe has not been able to answer this question.  Do they ever look at their own product?  There is no option in my version of Adobe (Adobe Acrobat ProDC Continuous Release version 2018.009.20050) to print single sided.  Everything comes out double sided no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most annoying. They have not bothered to reply. I just print from Preview, which WORKS. I suspect this is Apple’s fault, somehow. But, not sure!

Laura Lynch

Owner, Chief Creative Strategist

Lynchpin Ideas, LLC

(816) 674-1724

lynchpinideas.com

Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it! Finally! A way to print one sided on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print single sided. I have the latest, etc. And Adobe not answering! Please give "correct answer" This is January 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, there are no settings to select to change from double sided to single sided printing with Adobe Acrobat.  The only way I could print a .pdf with a single sided setting was to use Preview instead of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. I haven't changed my printer or my OS but my Mac will now only print double-sided copies. I am being forced to print each individual page separately. Does anyone have a MAC solution for this, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem and would appreciate an answer.

The only work around I have found is to only print a single sheet at a time.

Can we have a solution soon please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a workaround I found for Acrobat DC, at least for my printer. 

In the Print Dialogue Box, toward the bottom is the "Printer... " button.  When I click that it takes me to my printer's settings dialogue box.  On mine, there's a dropdown for different kinds of settings such as "Media & Quality" "Layout" and "Paper Handling".  If I select "Media & Quality" There's a "Two-Sided" item with a checkbox.  I uncheck it, then below I click on "Print."  It doesn't actually Print, it takes me back to Acrobat DC.  When I click Print there, the pages print single sided.

Hope this helps.

Chris

'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EUREKA!!! That has worked for me too. Thank you so much for doing what Adobe couldn't - or wouldn't!

You are a steely-eyed missile man - or woman!

Thank you!

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... What's interesting, is the dialog box shows it's single sided. So I just say print from that box, and it works. For everyone's information, I found this same problem with Word yesterday. I thought my workaround for having to print each page singlely would be print from my Word document. But it printed double sided. So I did the dialog box, and again had to print from that dialog box. The single sided printing doesn't stay without doing that extra step each and every time. So there is still a problem. But at least there's a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been researching this problem for months. My problem is that when I select the printer at the bottom I get the message thatThe Print Setup dialog box is provided by the operating system. To ensure that you can use the full print capabilities of Acrobat Reader, please set all print options from the Application print dialog box. Do you want to continue?

So I can not choose Media and Quality from there. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, following your instructions, Printer/Media & Quality - i found the two-sided WASN'T CHECKED and still prints double sided.  I agree, this is not a printer problem but adobe.

So I check and unchecked the box and it worked but I have to do it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem using a Brother Printer.  I did not have this problem until recently.  I spoke to Brother and they said it was a problem with Adobe.  I am sure they are right.  But there doesn't seem to be a "universal" answer for everyone regarding this issue.  I have a Macbook Air.  I don't know a lot about software, but it seems that it might have been caused by some sort of Adobe update due to the issue occurring for me within the last couple of months, whereas I have had Adobe and Brother for over a year.

ADOBE, FIX THE PROBLEM, PLEASE.  LOOK AT YOUR SOFTWARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's April now, and I'm experiencing the same problem, trying to print a 20-page tax return PDF form that can't be filed double-sided, but Adobe Acrobat Reader DC V. 2018.11.20038 won't cooperate. I'm using a Mac, running High Sierra 10.13.3. Akanchha, either you're really a bot, or you haven't bothered to read any of the previous posts.  I've tried everything, and it's clearly an Adobe problem, not Apple's, not either of my HP printers', or anyone else's printer.  ADOBE's problem.  PLEASE FIX, ALREADY.  PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTING THIS FOR MONTHS!! 

But: I found another workaround that works like a charm, far easier than the others. Forget about Adobe Acrobat Reader, and open the document you're trying to print with Mac's Preview app.  It immediately gives you a box to check -- or uncheck -- for double-sided printing.  Unchecking it worked perfectly.  If Adobe doesn't fix this one, we'll all abandon it for Preview, I suspect.  Nice going, Akancha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as everyone else on single-sided printing in Mac OS. Adobe needs to fix. ADOBE, FIX. PLEASE. Printing from Acrobat CC always prints 2-sided to HP 8610 from Mac OS. Yeah, there may be a 20-step workaround to get simplex printing, but who needs the heartache? Use Preview. Acrobat's UX is so 1998 anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm going to try using Mac preview to print in future, although I really like using Adobe Reader for PDF's.

We do have Adobe PRO and I just tried printing a 3 page PDF from that on my Brother printer and that printed single sided, so for me I could have a solution.

I just don't understand why developers mess around with the areas of the app's that work perfectly when they do updates!?!!?

It's so frustrating!

Best regards

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED - for me anyway!

I got a response from Brother about double-sided printing. They sent me a link to update the printer drivers. Then I had to delete the old printer and add the new Brother printer. I am happy to say that has resolved my problem and I can now print multiple pages single-sided from Adobe Reader, Adobe PRO and Preview - just like I could before.

"Please click on the link below to update your drivers for Mac 10.13:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all&os=10045&dlid=dlf102...

Once this is installed, please follow the steps below to ensure you are running the correct Drivers:

Click on the Apple icon in the top right hand corner> System Preferences> Printers and Scanners

Click the + icon on the bottom left hand side > Select the Brother printer (HL3170CDW)

Change the name of the Brother Printer to "New Brother Printer" Use the drop down box called "Use" and select the (HL3170CDW) CUPS printer driver

Select Add > Continue > You will be taken back to the main Printers and Scanners page.

Ensure "New Brother Printer" is set as the default printer. Remove all other copies of your Brother Printer, leaving New Brother Printer as the only one.

Once this is done, please check the print dialogue box and try printing again."

Just to clarify, I am using a 2017 iMac running High Sierra and using a Brother HL-3170CDW printer.

Good luck to everyone else having the same problem.

Best regards

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Janet! this solved my problem as well! It was a Brother vs Adobe problem all along! I was only have problems with double sided printing from Adobe.

Thank you for sharing your fix!

Brother printers, OWN your PROBLEM!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just Brother. I have the same problem on HP.

I try to use Preview, but there are certain forms that only work on Acrobat and nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Janet, Thank you. I have a Mac and a brother HLL2350DW. I deleted the printer from the printer page in system preferences. When I added the printer again in the Use box I chose the CUPS driver instead of AirPrint. That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines