• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I rotate pages with adobe dc reader?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I rotate pages with adobe dc reader?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

The free Reader does not allow you to modify PDF files. There is no way around that. Rotating a page permanently would require you to save the modified data back to the PDF file, and therefore does not work in Reader. Changing the view is something that happens only in your viewer, and nothing gets written back to the PDF document on our disk, and that's why this works in Reader as well. As was explained before this was never possible in Reader, so I don't understand why you claim that

"I guess A

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a simple way to permanenetly save a rotated Adobe Reader file. After rotating the view, save the file with a different file name. Then you can delete the original unrotated file and if you want, you can rename the new rotated file with the same name as th original unrotated file. Did it in less than a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a simple way around it: Go to Preferences, Documents, checkmark 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works but not if you save the file after rotating it. With the "Restore last view" checked the file will reopen with the rotation last viewed when you just close the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a glitch where my document flipped itself while I was using it. Obviously this would indicate a glitch, and lead someone to think that Adobe, "Wants you to pay for those features..."

I don't get why your sarcastic tone over text was utilised. Obviously this person had a reason to believe their premise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was probably just the way the document is viewed. Close it and then re-open and it should appear correctly once more. You can also change it back via the View menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the workaround I found:

View > Rotate View > select Clockwise or Counterclockwise to rotate the document whichever way you want

File > Print > select Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer pulldown menu and uncheck Choose paper source by PDF page size under the Page Sizing & Handling section > Print

When the Save Print Output As screen appears rename the file and click Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: masure to check (not uncheck) the box labeled Choose paper source by PDF page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the workaround I found:

You should read this document before doing this:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A68be905e-5698-4cd4-9a87-61e7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to rotate pages with adobe dc reader-

Open the document with the PDF reader.
Click View on the top toolbar.
Hover over the Rotate View option.
Select Clockwise or Counterclockwise rotation.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines