• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you Uninstall Acrobat Reader DC?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to uninstall Acrobat Reader DC and when I click on the uninstall button the icon comes up with "preparing to remove" but just stays there for up to 15 minutes and then goes off.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Hi Nancyr112016,

Please try uninstalling  Acrobat Reader DC through cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancyr112016,

Please try uninstalling  Acrobat Reader DC through cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally updated and removed Acrobat Pro XI. I have re-downloaded Acrobat Pro XI and want to reinstall it, but I can't get rid of Acrobat DC Reader. I use Acrobat Pro because I am a professional designer and I need some of the features in it. I'm not interested in syncing to the cloud, but i do need to make fillable forms for my clients and to resave PDF files as reduced size PDFs. I'd like to have Acrobat Reader DC gone when I reinstall Acrobat Pro XI, as I am expecting there will be problems if I don't remove it. The tool you mention above sounds kind of BETA to me. I am trying to work here; don't need this uneccessary aggravation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get Acrobat DC uninstalled and then reinstalled Acrobat Pro Xl, which had been deleted, but I had to have a technician do it for me. Initially, he was not convinced I had actually owned Pro XI. But I did have the serial number for it from when I bought it. Once he started acting politely, we were able to do it remotely. It was a hassle and required behind the scenes adjustment of my CC account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw your reply to Nancyr112016,  which said, "Please try uninstalling  Acrobat Reader DC through cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  "

I'm running Windows 10,  (certainly not of my own choice, but was auto updated by Microsoft)

and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

- DC runs ok.  the problem is when updating.  It never completes updates . 

- I will see 3-4 even 5 occurrences of msaexe.exe running at one time (taking my cpu to 100%).  they will accumulate -hours- of cpu time.  every now and then I will get a msg saying that Acrobat Reader DC can't complete the update.

- I went and turned off the "Auto Runs " at startup of everything I could find related to Adobe.  This has stopped the occurrences of msiexe.exe from starting and taking me cpu to 100%.

Now for the Cleaner Tool. 

downloaded and run (by double-clicking and from cmd prompt window) Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool - 4.0.0   results are same no matter how I start the program.

Get to a window titled :  Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool

Inside window says:  Setup had detected Acrobat Reader installed on this machine, Click Clean Now to start cleanup.

Then when I do that:  another line comes up saying:  Please wait while the product is being cleaned.... 

Then another smaller window opens: Titled: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

this window says: Please wait while Windows configures Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

and has a "cancel' button in lower rt. corner of window.

At this point nothing else happens.    msiexe.exe is running with over 34 Minutes !  cpu time.  This will go on until l end the process.

I've battled this for months.

I'm not familiar with this forum ; I don't know whether I will be notified by email that you have posted a response.

If I'm not auto-notified that  you have responded.  you can notify me at msmarsharn@gmail.com  (that's marsha r n at the end;  not m )

I will appreciate any help you can give.  As I said, Reader DC is working ok,  Just that updates or uninstall  begins endless loops, and eats up cpu.  It's not safe to keep sw this 'buggy' around.

Thank you

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great It worked

Yay!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonohca,

Glad it's working now and you are back on track. Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I cancel Adobe Reader?  It is not compatible with my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I cancel my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancyr112016,

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not a subscription based service, it is free product and you don't get charged for it.

as its not a subscription so cancellation can not be done.

If its not compatible for your computer it would never get installed.

and if you have any previous version of reader and want to uninstall it then please use the cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat dc is a subscription based service without any doubt. how do i uninstall the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a standalone version of Acrobat Pro that I don't want to accidentally delete. Plus, the cleaner tools linked are all for Windows and I'm on a Mac. But I'm really sick of the daily message to update an app I never meant to install, don't use--in fact can't use because it conflicts with my Pro--and can't figure out how to get rid of. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, when I try to uninstall it through my Creative Cloud window, it says there's a conflict and I have to save my work and close the program. I tried to look up how to do this and went through the Activity Manager. But, since I had no idea what process to select once I got there, that was unhelpful. I also don't know how to close the program. It just opens automatically. If I quit Creative Cloud, I lose access to the uninstall command. And I see no way to just quit Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful, I am a cautionary tale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is my free version of Adobe Reader using 407 mb of space on my hard drive?  Other apps use a lot less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines