Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change dimension text color

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When measuring a distance in a pdf drawing, how to change the color of the dimension text. The background drawing is in black and white, I want the dimension text stand out, not mix up with the background. The arrows and the dimension lines are in red, also need the dimension text in red.

Regards,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Hi John,

While using the Measuring Tool, you can change the color of measurement line by changing the preferences setting.

Grids, guides, and measurements in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat 

But what you are looking for is to change the color of the text used to mention dimension.

What you are looking for, that can not be achieved. Acrobat's Measuring preferences doesn't allow you to change such settings.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/grids-guides-measurements-pdfs.html#measure_the_height_width_or_area_of_objects

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

While using the Measuring Tool, you can change the color of measurement line by changing the preferences setting.

Grids, guides, and measurements in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat 

But what you are looking for is to change the color of the text used to mention dimension.

What you are looking for, that can not be achieved. Acrobat's Measuring preferences doesn't allow you to change such settings.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/grids-guides-measurements-pdfs.html#measure_the_height_width_o...

Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features- Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're Welcome!

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even such basic things dont work ... how can you guys not provide a simple field to change the color of the text ... but you work constantly on the ui, which gets worse and worse ... im soon gone ... dont like to pay for such a mediocre software ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure but I think you want to change the color and transparency of the text of measurement result. Indeed, as stated abover, you cannot change color and transparency of measurement information. But you can do it. The whole text and the arrows are a comment field. So if you left click on the text, the comment window will oben. With right click you get the properties and there you can change the color and transparency of text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I came across your answer to query about changing measurement number colour in Adobe Pro. However, your solution does not work for me. Left click simply selects the measurement & then right click opens Comments but with nil option to change font colour (only font size). Would you have a solution perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also couldn't find formatting options in the right-click menu on the comment text. BUT, I did find you can paste rich text in from another program (e.g. MS Word) and the formatting comes through not only into the comment box, but into the dimension graphic as well! Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paste 'rich text'?! why, i just want to give the text in a measurement another color - how can such a simple thing be so difficult? and when adobe wont provide this, they should make one color for the whole measurement, at the moment it's really annoying ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, i get the message, that w33.. posted in the community and the thread is mentioned ... but there is nothing for me ... not even this works ... what a poor service ... time to cancel my plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines