• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable scrolling by swiping and make it the default?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Surface tablet to read pdf files. It used to be that when I open a pdf I can swipe to the top to scroll the page upward. It seems the latest update disabled this default. To enable swiping to scroll, I enable full screen mode and then disable it. Then swiping works. Otherwise when the default is that it draws rectangles on the page when I swipe.

How do I enable swiping to scroll by default? Also, I think there used to be a hand tool showing in the tool bar and now I can't get it to show up. I think the hand tool enables scrolling by swiping.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took trying several things for me to get it right.  First, the choice is between "Hand" and "Select" - those are the terms of art.  My Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows Surface Pro machiner always defaulted to Hand until recently.

Solution for me was a registry change.  I got the information from Alex Tanner's answer at https://superuser.com/questions/364740/how-do-i-use-the-hand-tool-as-default-in-adobe-reader and it worked when none of the other suggestions did.  Note:  I did not have to take the last step of deleting a key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I keep finding solutions on superuser.com related to pdf reader more than Adobe's support forum here. Interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines