• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to enable the plugin on microsoft edge?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I verify/enable the adobe reader plugin on microsoft edge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Hi Chelsea,

Microsoft Edge does not support ActiveX plugins.

Please have a look at this: Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea,

Microsoft Edge does not support ActiveX plugins.

Please have a look at this: Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means if I used to put 'special sauce' from Adobes ADSRE into my pdfs and then have them signed inside the IE browser, that no longer works the same way under Edge/Chrome?  Just looking for a straight answer. 

I get we can force the browser to spit the pdf out and open it in Adobe Reader outside the Edge/Chrome browser, but that is a very different experience for our users.  They have to click the signature field (normal), which then prompts you to save the pdf file again, over itself is what I've done, then click our icon to Send/Save it back to our server for us to store (we don't use any of the Adobe Server solutions) in our db.

Thanks,

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Edge/Chrome PDF plugins don't support that, then no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not seen an Edge plug-in from Adobe and the Chrome is for creating PDFs from web pages, so no I don't believe the plug-ins support filling or signing inside the browser.

We used to have our own custom plug-in we'd written, not for signing, but for Send/Save the filled/signed pdf back to our servers and for printing (convenience with set number of copies).  However we stopped using it a few years as a dynamic button on our pdfs could do the same thing.

Just strange it is so visual, the signature fields are no longer a blue box, just nothing.  But it makes me think I should save off what I am seeing and look at it in Adobe Acrobat.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines