• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to have Adobe always prompt me where to save PDFs?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now it will prompt the first PDF I download where it should save, and after that, it goes straight to downloads without asking. I like to keep files organized and want to save directly to certain folders and would like to make this my default.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Adobe is not involved in the file saving process. It's a browser setting (assuming you're doing it in a browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not involved in the file saving process. It's a browser setting (assuming you're doing it in a browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the answer you revieved is incorrect because I am experiencing the same thing & my browser is set to "Alway Ask Were to Download Files."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. I use Chrome and "Ask where to save each file before downloading" was enabled. However I also had an option saying "Open some files automatically after download". I pushed the Clear button on the right. Now when I download PDF's, I can chose where to save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines