• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to increase the mouse-wheel scroll speed

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I increase the mouse wheel vertical scrolling speed in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? Mouse wheel activated vertical scrolling speed for all of my other Window 10 desktop programs is sufficiently fast. But Acrobat Reader DC is rather slow. And consequently it takes a lot of extra spinning of the mouse wheel to scroll vertically. For this reason alone, I strongly prefer using Microsoft Edge as my default PDF reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you.  Typical old school tech support.

It is simple.

1) you set up your Windows 10 OS mouse settings so they work nicely in pretty much every windows application you run

2) you open Adobe reader and try to scroll with the mouse wheel in ANY and ALL PDF documents and find the scroll speed is intolerably slow

3) you look on the forum and find that:

a) there are no settings in the Adobe reader to speed up mouse scrolling

b)  that Adobe Tech Support can't "reproduce the problem"

c) Adobe wants YOU to spend hours run debugging software and making videos of it to send to them (a thing that Tech Support knows that literally no one will do)

4)  you open a PDF in Chrome and zoom it to fit the screen width and find it takes 12 scroll wheel  clicks to scroll one page 

5)  you open the same PDF in Adobe Reader and zoom it to fit screen width and find it takes 32 scroll wheel clicks to scroll one page

6) you post the results here not expecting ANY help or changes to the program, because tech support and the programming team don't communicate directly, and the project manager doesn't see what the big deal is because support never reports it to anyone because they "can't reproduce it"

7)  Adobe wonders why less and less people use their bloated reader that doesn't provide core functionality like being abke to scrool through a document at a reasonable speed.

DID THAT HELP EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I accidentally think I figured out a solution. Switching from Single Page view to Scrolling view seems to eliminate the slow speed for me. Give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It speeds it up some, but not to the default OS mouse wheel settings.  It also requires you to do that everytime you open a document because that setting is not persistant.

I just use Chrome, much better for me, easy, no downooad, no reader updates.  Plus it gets me more and more removed from the Adobe eco-system as time goes on.  Using Chrome is a win-win!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly not a solution to me. I am stuck with only acrobat since I work for the Federal Government and the only browser I am allowed is I.E. (not even Edge. I fricken E.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have solve it!!!

I have setted the mouse to scroll multiple lines, at 4.

And open the PDF with Chrome (as pdf reader). It flies!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, stupid bloated adobe. solution is uninstall it and open files in chrome or some alternative pdf viewer. and if you need some core adobe functionality, than you are f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on at least since Acrobat XI. This is not a new issue. I've come to these forums every few months for YEARS to see if you've finally come to a solution with it. It is exclusively an Adobe issue. Stop being obtuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Sir, you have an opportunity to help a lot of people and your company. 

Please consider alerting n your supervisor that you are going to lose up to 14 subscriptions to Adobe Pro and Creative Cloud. I recently signed up my lab for Adobe's premier service on a trial basis. All of us find the UX on Adobe products to be insufficient for professional purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have solve it!!!

And open the PDF with Chrome (as pdf reader). Works perfect!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one believes you. It's clear from this discussion that EVERYONE ELSE can make this happen. I conclude you are lying or stupid. I said it.

It's obvious that AR doesn't scroll like any other program, and it takes ages to scroll through a pdf file in it to get to a new page. It's not accepting the windows settings, CLEARLY.

Stop just avoiding the issue as a company and have the decency to take some of that half-stolen money from all the subscriptions your basically forced millions into and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have solve it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what? Forget it. I just won't use your product. Thank God there are other readers out there. Goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessssss. Yessssss. Yesssss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, guys! You can do better than this, I'm sure... Please improve the scrolling speed of AR's full-screen mode and let's move on!! This is freaking annoying, for crying out loud! Don't you guys have any sympathy for the user at all??? Please gimme the phone of the product manager and I explain it to her/him in a very polite and clear manner! Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See replies from Alfredo21916985uk99 and thomass86477935.

Or just use Foxit Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of the solutions worked for me. Gonna try the alternative reader. Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you believe what you said yourself? Every user is saying that the scrolling speed is slow. You told us that there is no way to reproduce, and you have to send you some PDF files.

I'll tell you this.

Every PDF file has such a problem. God, this is not a PDF problem at all. This is a problem that Adobe has been waiting for three or four years to fix.

It's DISGUSTING to perfunctory users with this kind of reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found the real solution to this issue, which annoys me since years:
All of the answers are right, but the issue is, that AR behaves different than other Windows applications.
If you set your mouse in OS to scroll 5 lines per wheel tic, it does work in Chrome, but you see nothing to happen in AR, it stays to 1 line.
If you set it to 15 lines, you suddenly see an effect! So obviously AR DOES take the global OS settings, but does not use lines or so. Maybe resolution/pixel or whatever.
Time to fix it, Adobe team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is beyond me, how can they just perform such a horrible implementation of the main feature this tool should have!

This program has the WORST scrolling implementation yet to be know by humankind.

How can somebody test that, and say, you know what, it is about ideal to scroll a hundred times in a single page!

Hmmm, let's pass it to production!

In order to be fixed, you just need to change a global setting in your mouse, how dandy, now every other tool and program is misaligned!

Literally tried in 3 different machines.... which is not a "problem" of the tool, it is working as intended, but, it is a far from ideal implementation, that has been tested by clueless people!

And you feel like this product worths that amount of money ? a reader, means, human reads it, and your "tool" program scrolls it upwards and downwards displaying the text! it is basically the only thing the end user is expecting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the View section, you need to click on Page Display/Enable Scrolling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable this:
Go to view>page display>enable scrolling,

done! Like this reply if it works for u!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime you open a document?

Take care,

Mike Roberts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set it as a default via Edit (or the Reader app menu on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display - Page Layout: Single Page Continuous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have solve it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i followed another persons reply to this problem.

In Adobe

1. go to "view" - "Page Display" turn on automatic scrolling.

2. while it is slowly scrolling in a document, hit "up" or "down" arrow to set the speed you would like.

3. once this is done go back and turn off "autoscrolling" and the wheel should maintained the speed you set for 

the wheel

hope this helps. it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines