how to install adobe reader on D drive?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any space left on the c drive and can't install adobe on d, how do I install it on d?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spent considerable time and finally achieved it.

First:  Reader installation http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/enterprise/ tool allows one to specify an alternative drive/folder.   So I specified D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Second: But I kept getting an error that the folder needed to be empty. But it was brand new, and therefore empty.  On my C: drive com, old files (2015+) could not be removed because they were, apparently, SYSTEM files.  So I had to hack the registry to change permisions then delete the C:Reader directory. But that didn't work.

Third:   So I searched through the many remaining Adobe (Photoshop etc) folders on C: for something else that might be interfering, without success.

Fourth: Eventually, I created the new folder (which I had expected to be created as part of the installation process. It would be a one line command in the installation tool) before installation. Then it worked. 

I do not know which of these steps actually allowed the installation to proceed.

What a faff! Why cannot Adobe test their products properly before issuing them?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines