• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open a PDF file received as a Binary.bin type file?

Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a PDF attachment from a trusted source, however my Acrobat Reader has responded by saying that it is not a supported file type. I need a solution for this, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved it from The Lounge to Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file using a plain-text editor, like Notepad on Windows. What do you see in the first line of text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried your suggestion by attempting to open the bin type file via the MS One Note tool, it was without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I suggested. Use Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot locate the MS Notepad tool any where within my programs listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes pre-installed on Windows systems. Did you remove it? If so, go to the MS site, download and install it.

To be honest, I would guess that what you have is not a pdf file, which is what try67 is trying to find out by having you open it in notepad and copy pasting the text. I haven't seen a .bin file in years and I believe it has something to do with imaging CD's but I'm not positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Via our good friends at YouTube earlier this morning I have also confirmed that the .bin file belongs to much earlier times and is no longer supported for plain text viewing by either Adobe Reader or Notepad which I successfully  managed to locate with MS Accessories.

I finally sourced a solution to my problem via directly contacting the provider by an old fashioned direct line phone call and they responded with the details within an informative e-mail.

Thanks for attending to this matter, I have learned a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines